1.    #1  
    Here's a newbie question if ever there was one:

How do you turn off the 700p? Yes, I know if I press the red button the phone service shuts off, great, but if there an off switch for the whole unit? Seems a simple thing to ask for...

Also, is there some way of finding files I've transferred from the PC to the 700p? I've transferred a few and have no idea where they are.

Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rasta3007
    Here's a newbie question if ever there was one:

How do you turn off the 700p? Yes, I know if I press the red button the phone service shuts off, great, but if there an off switch for the whole unit? Seems a simple thing to ask for...

Also, is there some way of finding files I've transferred from the PC to the 700p? I've transferred a few and have no idea where they are.

Many thanks

The Treo is basically off when you have the radio turned off. (Someone else can explain this better)

You can get a program called "Filez" it's a free download.

hope that helps
    Pull the battery out
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Pull the battery out
    Or wait till the battery dies.
    What kind of files did you transfer? Did you transfer them to internal memory or an SD card?
    No need for an off switch....I have my phoe radio on 15 hour a day and after a week the battery is like 35%.....when the radio goes off...if it's using any power it's almost immeasurable. I mean it is using some power at some low level as the thing knows to turn itself on at 8 am but with every available surface pretty much used up, why make the thing bigger just to have a switch that really won';t do anything for ya.

Why do ya wanna know Download FileZ and ya can list them by size or name
    Palms are never truly off. My old i500 did the saame thing. The phone can go on and off but not the Organizer side. I would guess that is due to the memory... they didn't have NVFS back in the day.
    ---
    th3_plague

Audiovox Garbage from Sprint -> Motorola Star Tac -> Nokia Garbage from AT&T -> Samsung SPH-i300 -> Samsung SPH-i500 -> Motorola Q -> Palm Treo 700p (VZW)
    Quote Originally Posted by th3_plague
    Palms are never truly off. My old i500 did the saame thing. The phone can go on and off but not the Organizer side. I would guess that is due to the memory... they didn't have NVFS back in the day.
    Battery has self discharge even if you take it out.
    As other's have mentioned, Palm OS devices are always on to some degree. Keeping time, keeping track of calendar entries and other timed events, etc.

If your concern is battery drain, don't worry about it. With the phone radio off, it will run for weeks on a single charge.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    That is right Palm Devices have no On/Off Switch , kinda prevents your from missing appointments ,and tasks or some ****.
    One situation where you might want to turn the whole thing off would be on an airplane before take-off (and just before landing) when they say they want "all electronic devices turned off"....I usually just turn the phone off, since I'm too lazy to take the battery out....hope this is ok lol.......

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p