1.    #1  
    So I thought I'd give my story in case it helps anyone here with their "negotiations".

Here is the short version. I got a treo 700p from sprint retentions for $149 with no contract extension or trade-ins and I got my wife a samsung a900 for $79.

And now the long version.
    After much research on this website and others I decided to pull the trigger. My wife and I are existing sprint customers(since about 98 or 99), whose contract expires in Jan '07. I called sprint, hit 1 for english, then said cancel. I got directed to a very nice lady with a Minnisota accent. She asked how she could help me.

I said, " Hi I'm an existing customer and I'm interested in getting a new 700p. I have a friend who works for sprint and he told me about this SERO thing, and I was wondering if as an existing customer there is anything we can work out." Now I don't have a friend who works for sprint and I never even mentioned leaving sprint or ending my contract. She looked on her computer and said, I can get that for you for 149. My jaw hit the floor. I said excuse me? I double and triple checked with her that this was the full prce of the phone. She kept confirming it for me. She then asked if I needed any more phones. I said, well as a matter of fact my wife wants a new bluetooth phone. She asked which one, and the only one I could think of was the other phone I was considering getting for myself.....the samsung A900. She said that phone sells for 349 but I can give it to you for 79. I said ok.

At this point I have no idea what is going on or why I'm getting these deals. I decided not to push my luck with the SERO plan, I could always call back and hook that up, I just wanted to seal the deal while I had her on the line.

I confirmed the prices yet again and she charged my credit card the $230...total (tax, delivery,activation). The phones arrived two days later on my door step.

For the rest of the month I patiently waited for my bill. It came and sprint had overcharged me $540 dollars for the phones. I called cs, they looked at some notes on my account, said it was a mistake, and credited me the money.

I have no idea why this happened or how, but I'm happy. My contract still expires in January.

Thanks again for all the great advice!
    meh, i wouldnt get too excited, that price has GOT to be wrong, and they will get theirs. And if not, they are just gonna screw up your bill for 3 months (cough, happening to me, cough)
  3.    #3  
    I have seen where one or two others have gotten $150 700p's....They all had contengencies though. Maybe she made me an offer she wasn't supposed to, but the damage is done. I've been credited the money. If I am misbilled again, I'll force them to refund me the difference. Not really that big of a deal. If companies mis-bill you enough, they have a habit of making a peace offering. You just have to approach it with the correct attitude.
    I'm sure this is legit since I got one for cheaper and in a similar fashion, although it took me about 2 days of calling =/
    Sprint seems to be pushing hard lately to lock people in. They are even sometimes helpful.

Perhaps it's the end of the world.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.