Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    This is true for me as well. Once I went to version 1.19 of Ludas P it has been smooth sailing on the 700P.
    Iv'e heard a lot of talk about this LudasP app, but not sure I understand how it fixes lag, lockups or symptoms..

I see how it add function ability, (I get the same things from Buttler and PhoneTech.

If anything out there has helped with symptoms it is;
    DB Cache(DBcach refresher in REscobackup) to help some lag/lockups and Cradlecare to fix SD issues.

Am I missing something about LudasP?
    Grant it, each device has its issues, whether its the 700p, 700w, 700wx, or 650/600's. They all have their "known" issues with a lack of words. From personal experience I know that the Palm OS is an older platform BUT has specific programs and services that it offers that the WM OS cant offer yet. (keyword is yet) but there are also services (like a full HTML browser) that WM OS offers that Palm OS cant offer.

With each handset, they make their changes and sometimes they leave the most important things out. From personal experience, I know that the WM 5 platform has a lot of room for growth considering they were the first platform as a PDA that was equipped with EVDO A technology.

In my personal opinion, I think both platforms are outstanding and reliable in their own ways and each one has its benefits. I do however agree that there is no reason for them not to create WiFi abilities. Considering T-mobiles slower network already offers it on most of their PDA phones.

I like WM OS simply because I can take very important things that I do at my desk computer or at home, can come with me. They do lack some services such as picture mail on sprint and Live TV but from what Sprint has said, it will be developed quite soon.

It is also a fact that more 700w's have been sold than 700p. I do however HATE UTStarcomm and their PPC 6700, it has barely any User ram and I personally had bad experiences and now Im completely fine with my 700wx.

It depends what you do with your phone. Many factors contribute to how each phone will work for each user. Its just a matter of choice.

In my personal opinion, I steer towards WM 5 because even the CEO of Palm, INC. has stated that WM OS is their future plans but I think they will continue to advance both Palm OS and WM OS. It would just make sense.

Theres no use in arguing about which phone is better than one another, I think we can ALL agree that each phone is going to work different for each person. And believe it or not, there are defective phones. Ive had a bad batch myself but ive finally got a good one.

Oh and also, if your looking for a sharp screen and resolution, the PPC 6700 is way better offering a stunning 256K colors compared to the 700wx which only offers 65.5 K. A little note, the 700p has a slightly better screen resolution than the 700wx.

These are just my opinions, based on experience and information I got from some software engineers for both Windows Mobile and Palm.
    Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but did you guys see this? This might mean that we'll see some action on the ROM update (hopefully)

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...e-from-access/
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    my 650 ran much faster than my 700p especially after all the memory fixes. to bad we cant load 650 rom into 700 hardware
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    my 650 ran much faster than my 700p especially after all the memory fixes. to bad we cant load 650 rom into 700 hardware
    This is very true. I know the Treo 650 I had on Verizon was very reliable. They tried to do the same thing that Microsoft is doing to Windows Vista. Instead of making it an operating system that has less memory required to operate programs efficiently it now requires 1gig of ram to work properly.

When Palm designed the 700p they did add some fixes to major issues that were hurting the 600 series but of course like the release of any other model, they left out a few things. I personally think RAM is the key but I anticipate some quick changes from Palm because of them being able to use all Garners Palm OS rights.This gives Palm full realm to make changes without having authorization from the OS proprietary owner.

I have been using the 700p and the 700w. In an effort to test both and when it comes to the ability to enhance the Palm OS, Palm is leading on that aspect. It was reported by Windows Mobile that they havent yet made the MS OS capable of direct enhancements. Right now the only good software is third party which does cause problems.

Palm however has been around longer than Windows mobile and contrary to popular belief, they have abilities to make direct services.

Half of the reason why they lack Wifi and screen resolutions is because they slap so much into one phone and then their out of room before the phone looks like something King Kong would use. Theres a couple things that a user can do if programs stop working properly. If you go to my website, feel free to ask me and Ill direct you the best possible.

I prefer the Windows Mobile platform however but thats a personal belief based upon personal experience.
    You make a couple of brazen comments here that I've never seen any facts posted about:

1.) You said that more 700w's have been sold than 700p's. Please quote a statement from Verizon or Palm on this. I've heard from EVERY source that more 700p's have been sold.
    2.) You said the Palm CEO has said WM5 is their future. Really? I know he has said they are going to continue to have products on it, but I've never seen him say that WM5 was somehow prefered or had some higher priority over Palm OS. Please show some quote to back this up.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkonline View Post
    Grant it, each device has its issues, whether its the 700p, 700w, 700wx, or 650/600's. They all have their "known" issues with a lack of words. From personal experience I know that the Palm OS is an older platform BUT has specific programs and services that it offers that the WM OS cant offer yet. (keyword is yet) but there are also services (like a full HTML browser) that WM OS offers that Palm OS cant offer.

With each handset, they make their changes and sometimes they leave the most important things out. From personal experience, I know that the WM 5 platform has a lot of room for growth considering they were the first platform as a PDA that was equipped with EVDO A technology.

In my personal opinion, I think both platforms are outstanding and reliable in their own ways and each one has its benefits. I do however agree that there is no reason for them not to create WiFi abilities. Considering T-mobiles slower network already offers it on most of their PDA phones.

I like WM OS simply because I can take very important things that I do at my desk computer or at home, can come with me. They do lack some services such as picture mail on sprint and Live TV but from what Sprint has said, it will be developed quite soon.

It is also a fact that more 700w's have been sold than 700p. I do however HATE UTStarcomm and their PPC 6700, it has barely any User ram and I personally had bad experiences and now Im completely fine with my 700wx.

It depends what you do with your phone. Many factors contribute to how each phone will work for each user. Its just a matter of choice.

In my personal opinion, I steer towards WM 5 because even the CEO of Palm, INC. has stated that WM OS is their future plans but I think they will continue to advance both Palm OS and WM OS. It would just make sense.

Theres no use in arguing about which phone is better than one another, I think we can ALL agree that each phone is going to work different for each person. And believe it or not, there are defective phones. Ive had a bad batch myself but ive finally got a good one.

Oh and also, if your looking for a sharp screen and resolution, the PPC 6700 is way better offering a stunning 256K colors compared to the 700wx which only offers 65.5 K. A little note, the 700p has a slightly better screen resolution than the 700wx.

These are just my opinions, based on experience and information I got from some software engineers for both Windows Mobile and Palm.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    You make a couple of brazen comments here that I've never seen any facts posted about:
    I'd add:

3) on the resolution, 320 x 320 is "slightly better" than 240 x 240.

320 x 320 = 102,400
    240 x 240 = 57,600

That's almost twice the pixels....78 % more.

Change pixels to dollars and I wouldn't say that someone coming to me with a salary of 57k was asking for a "slight raise" if he was askin' for 102k.

At this point I think of the different OS's as best suited for different types of users.

Multimedia and Exchange People - go for WM5
    Business and Efficiency Oriented People - go for PalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    I'd add:

320 x 320 = 102,400
    240 x 240 = 57,600

Change pixels to dollars and I wouldn't say that someone coming to me with a salary of 57k was asking for a "slight raise" if he was askin' for 102k.
    Ouch. No arguing with those numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    I'd add:

320 x 320 = 102,400
    240 x 240 = 57,600

At this point I think of the different OS's as best suited for different types of users.

Multimedia and Exchange People - go for WM5
    Business and Efficiency Oriented People - go for PalmOS
    what about us business and efficiency people who have exchange servers and want multimedia capabilities?

1.) You said that more 700w's have been sold than 700p's. Please quote a statement from Verizon or Palm on this. I've heard from EVERY source that more 700p's have been sold.
    Where have you seen that more 700p's have been sold? I haven't seen any releases one way or the other.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    If you had access to executive resources other than just plain textual facts, you would know that Verizon has sold more 700w's that 700p's. In fact, im on Sprint and Sprint and Verizons executives have reported that the 700p has had more returns than any Palm device (including the 700w). As a rep for the Consumer center for the FCC I get information first about devices in emails and I get emails of their known issues. I also have exact amounts of their income and considering the total income for the 700w's blasts the 700p to bits.

Total sales does not include chargebacks, returns or defective units and no matter what source you talk to, I can assure you its not the information I get.

The 700p has very many known issues and network compatibility issues as well for Sprint, Verizon Tellus, and Bell.

But as I stated before, it depends upon the user. Certain power users use different applicatons than others and each user may encounter different experiences.

2.) You said the Palm CEO has said WM5 is their future. Really? I know he has said they are going to continue to have products on it, but I've never seen him say that WM5 was somehow prefered or had some higher priority over Palm OS. Please show some quote to back this up.
    OK, if you have inside info that's great. Although I would really, really wonder how stupid an exec has to be to tell someone from the FCC sales numbers on certain phone types, when the FCC talks to their competitors. Not saying you are lying, just that the execs are either stupid or lying. Unless they are required to report this info, which I would seriously doubt.

So what the's the ratio? 60/40? Who sells more Sprint or Verizon? The 700p has more returns than the 650 or 700w?

EDIT: I should mention that I don't have a 700p anymore and really regret in some ways. I got completely fed up with the random lags and bluetooth issues. But boy do I miss a high speed data network that always works. I find the Cingular data to be very unreliable at where I am. I seriously thinking about looking at Verizon again, but there really isn't a phone I want there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkonline View Post
    If you had access to executive resources other than just plain textual facts, you would know that Verizon has sold more 700w's that 700p's. In fact, im on Sprint and Sprint and Verizons executives have reported that the 700p has had more returns than any Palm device (including the 700w). As a rep for the Consumer center for the FCC I get information first about devices in emails and I get emails of their known issues. I also have exact amounts of their income and considering the total income for the 700w's blasts the 700p to bits.

Total sales does not include chargebacks, returns or defective units and no matter what source you talk to, I can assure you its not the information I get.

The 700p has very many known issues and network compatibility issues as well for Sprint, Verizon Tellus, and Bell.

But as I stated before, it depends upon the user. Certain power users use different applicatons than others and each user may encounter different experiences.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910