1.    #1  
    How?? Im just curious how I can use my phone as a modem. I read I can do it. Is this mainly for use with Laptops? I have one but its already wireless. I would like to use it on my home computer. is this possible? Will I need a wireless card installed in my computer? Any special kind?

Im assuming I just plug it in using the usb cable that came with the phone, right? But then it wouldnt be wireless

Thanks for any help. my bad if this had been discussed 1000 times! Im a newbie
    You seriously didnt post this...Let the flames begin. ha
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    You seriously didnt post this...Let the flames begin. ha
    If you have enough time to "flame" me, do what you do, partna. If you dont wanna answer, move on. Wont hurt me any
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    You can do a search and will find several threads on the subject (people around here get upset when new users don't do a seach first). Try search terms such as "PAM," "Phone as Modem," "PDANet," and "Hack."

That being said, there are several approaches to using your "Phone as a Modem." The recomended thing to do is have the appropriate plan with your cell phone provider. Next you would need a way to connect your phone to your computer (desktop or laptop). You could use either the USB connection or Bluetooth (no need for a wifi card). There should be connection software on your install cd.

Of course there are other ways to connect without paying extra for a Phone as a Modem plan. However, using those other methods would most likely violate the terms of your contract and may (or may not) result in paying excessive charges.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    You should do a search, but to answer:

You can use the 700p as a wireless data modem via bluetooth (Windows or Mac) or USB (Windows only) standard. To do this you need the correct connection from the computer, plus a data plan, plus a tethering plan (PAM for Sprint or BroadBandAccess Connect for Verizon) to do this legally. There area also some third party apps and hacks that you will let you do tethering without a tethering plan.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Get Pdanet - use proxy connect - works with cable or bluetooth.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    usbmodem on a mac via usb works almost flawlessly. it's very simple to setup. just search the forums for "usbmodem" and mac setup instructions and you should be set. good luck.
  8.    #8  
    thanks a lot fam. yall are always helpful. i do not have a manual which is why I have some of these questions.

thank you
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    thanks a lot fam. yall are always helpful. i do not have a manual which is why I have some of these questions.

thank you
    Check out the My Treo App built into your phone. It contains a searchable updatable manaul and support guide.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre