Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't believe I listened to perry and many others that said the 700p would be better than the 700w. Its like I took a step back to the 80's with palm os. You have to install a ton of buggy apps that causes resets to have your treo even close to the 700w. Seems like all I upgraded to was the 320x320 display which is not much of a big deal and downgraded everything esle. I really hope sprint release the 700w soon. I will have this 700p on ebay real soon for cheap. This is unbelieveable how many times this treo resets by itself and you guys are saying the 700w is unstable ha yea right. Even before the update for the 700w my treo wasn't reseting like crazy. I don't even have any 3rd party apps. I guess just a crappy device. Looks like M$ will take over all palm products soon and that's for the best of them.
    Last edited by cccablecompany; 07/14/2006 at 07:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    You have to install a ton of buggy apps that causes resets to have you treo even close to the 700p.
    I agree
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I can't believe I listened to perry and many others that said the 700p would be better than the 700w. Its like I took a step back to the 80's with palm os. You have to install a ton of buggy apps that causes resets to have your treo even close to the 700p. Seems like all I upgraded to was the 320x320 display which is not much of a big deal and downgraded everything esle. I really hope sprint release the 700w soon. I will have this 700p on ebay real soon for cheap. This is unbelieveable how many times this treo resets by itself and you guys are saying the 700w is unstable ha yea right. Even before the update for the 700w my treo wasn't reseting like crazy. I don't even have any 3rd party apps. I guess just a crappy device. Looks like M$ will take over all palm products soon and that's for the best of them.
    you have an awesome personality.
  4.    #4  
    I am not really man at the people that love this device but I am disappointed that I thought the P would be better than the W. I was happy with me 700w but I was told the p would be lighting fast and blazer would be lighting fast.lol. Me and others can't even get 200k with five bars and IE on the w I was getting 700k with 2 bars (vzw).Verizon hand downs has the best network. I am so sorry I made this mistake. From now on I will only buy up to date os like M$. I forgot soon you are not even going to be able to pick even pda/smartphone will be WM.
    I can't believe I listened to perry and many others that said the 700p would be better than the 700w. Its like I took a step back to the 80's with palm os. You have to install a ton of buggy apps that causes resets to have your treo even close to the 700p. Seems like all I upgraded to was the 320x320 display which is not much of a big deal and downgraded everything esle. I really hope sprint release the 700w soon. I will have this 700p on ebay real soon for cheap. This is unbelieveable how many times this treo resets by itself and you guys are saying the 700w is unstable ha yea right. Even before the update for the 700w my treo wasn't reseting like crazy. I don't even have any 3rd party apps. I guess just a crappy device. Looks like M$ will take over all palm products soon and that's for the best of them.
    Man, that sucks and sorry its not working for you. I got my 700p Sprint and I have about 50+ apps/games on it, and no re-sets, lucky I guess. The only prob I have is the EvDO inside my house is not working 100%, unless I drive down the hill, then it seems to work Good Luck with your next choice..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    "From now on I will only buy up to date os like M$."

Ha! I love unintentional humor.
    From now on I will only buy up to date os like M$.
    That's a good one! Funny stuff! Up-to-date... FUNNY!
    I forgot soon you are not even going to be able to pick even pda/smartphone will be WM.
    Uh-huh... and the Treo will never have POS... and Vista will arrive in January... and pigs will fly...
    all i want is email. is that too much to ask? My vpn client seems like it may be to blame, but come on...why cant palm get these to the developers faster so they make thier stuff work on the 700?

another week w/o email and i am done too. i am starting to wish sprint would get the 700w. i love my 700p, but the resets and freezes (admittedly because of 3rd party apps) gotta get fixed.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Dude..

You got a brand new device during the first few weeks of the release... Expect to have a few issues until they do an update. I was fortunate enough not to have a problem with my 700p through sprint retentions... The 650 was the same way.
    i was so sure that i was going to buy a p until today. i looked on the w threads and no one is complaining nearly as much about their devices, and the things i am going to use it for....email, surfing, documents, slingbox, multitasking, maps, seems to better on the w than the p. onli thing worse is the screen....i am SO CONFUSED
    Quote Originally Posted by StationA
    "From now on I will only buy up to date os like M$."

Ha! I love unintentional humor.
    I think he's kinda right though... when was the last time you saw a major OS update from Palm? OS5 has been going at least two years now, MS just recently released WM5 last year and already has plans for a newer, updated version soon. Who's more updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    i was so sure that i was going to buy a p until today. i looked on the w threads and no one is complaining nearly as much about their devices, and the things i am going to use it for....email, surfing, documents, slingbox, multitasking, maps, seems to better on the w than the p. onli thing worse is the screen....i am SO CONFUSED
    The screen resolution and the memory are the two big issues with the 700w. The screen res is not only small in general, but it breaks compatibility with some applications. The memory is there, but it's not enough for standard WM5 use. Many users complain that they run out of memory and have to restart more often than they want to.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Oh G-d, having worked in the IT Field for 15 years I can't help by ******* on myself when I see some schmo grip about the PalmOS and how "advanced" the WM5 OS is. Oy. I've used Windows Mobile back to the Windows CE days on my Philips Velo and Nino, and nothing at that time beat my Palm Pilot Pro, and nothing now beats my Treo 650 (gots me one of those Black Tie ones because I'm a sucker).

It really depends on what you want to do with it. For me, I need a phone that works, a device that can go wireless when I need it to (not online all the time), and something that can be my Franklin Planner. I got it all. I've tried iPaq (Compaq and HP), Philips products, even tried a Psion (which wasn't too shabby). Palm does it for me. I don't necessarily need the MP3, Video, extra stuff, I got a iPod Video for that.

PalmOS is buggy, so you're goign Windows!? that's like saying my Toyota has reliability problems and I've seen these cool Daewoos out there, I'm going to get me one of those!
    Because we all know the faster you crank out version numbers the more up-to-date the software is. I guess if you change the version number enough people will think it's getting better. Well, it kinda works with the auto industry they crank out new models every year (even if there isn't any changes) and people keep buying them. You can't drive them any faster than last year's model.

I'd be happy if they just kept the same version number and it just kept running reliably and got the bugs out (no version number change necessary).

I looked around and the 700p is pretty much what I expected to be. If it wasn't I'd have returned it. The bluetooth is buggier than I thought though. That'll get fixed with an update I hope.

But to agree with the topic of this thread, "I can't wait to get rid of my 700p" since it's as heavy as a brick. But then I knew that too. And if it really was a hassle I would have returned it.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I wish every person who complained about their 700p put them up for sale in the marketplace forum...I want to upgrade.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

16.    #16  
    update lol? How long did it take them to release a update for the 650 about a year or 2 after it came out. Blazer with evdo is the same as the 1x.Most people will tell you stright up this can't get over 200k. My girl sidekick 2 is load pages faster. Then on the W I never seen a error that said page can not be loaded wtf?You guys try to go to a site like ebgames.com. It stop at 84.4k on the page and says it can't be loaded.On the W never had such a error sceen about can't load a page. I just can't believe how crappy this 700p is. You guys like palm but for what all they are doing is short changing you. At least with windows media player it can play media files without errors. No wifi,media player can't play files,jumpy mp3 player, unstable java, and constant crashes,slow web bowser, unused buttons,lack of bluetooth,mp3,push email,alarms,voice dialing,no auto screen turn off after (x) amount of seconds. Trust me I can go on and one about to crappy device. The only really downfall is the 240x240 display on the 700w.Palm update made the W so you can run 2 apps at one time before you couls run about 4. I guess they had to downgrade the W to make you guys device not seem so bad and behind.You guys flamed the 700w with the little problems but look like you guys are really getting stiffed by palm. I need to ask is the 700p really selling well in 06 compared to the W?Like I said for people who are thinking or who own the 700p this nothing more than a device that should have been released in the 80's! kids could have made this Os. It's so retro like the apple os in the 80's. With palm Os you will be spending bucks on 3rd party apps that should be standard built in. It least the W saves you money on apps that's should be standard built in. I trust me when I first got my p I still had the w and I was loading 2 of the same webpages at the same time and the W was twice as fast but I said maybe its sprint network. Nope later found out blazer can only push 300k max at a time. You take advanage of evdo just because if blazer.
    Last edited by cccablecompany; 07/14/2006 at 08:19 AM.
    you are definitely a palm newbie and have no patience and tolerance for such a powerful device - I am sorry it didnt work for you but dont put yourself with people who use it everyday with such satisfaction.

I have 51 apps installed and running great - sure a few hiccups here or there but I know how to deal with them.

The 700w has no where near the same power this device has in terms of applications, so I as well as others are willing to deal with some hiccups.

Good luck with whatever device you choose!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  18.    #18  
    lol I see nothing powerful beside the untimely random resets.
    Troll Meter:

####################^
    ebgames.com loads fine on my 700P. I get 1 Mbps on speed tests.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast