1.    #1  
    anyone know of a good rss program that is stable and will update feeds on a preset schedule?

I used to have something called newsclip on the blackberry, and I really liked that..

any help would be appreciated
    There are a few options, but I recommend QuickNews. I like it the best. The web based ones depend on you using your browser, the java ones require java, and a few of the other applications are not as good in my opinion.

http://www.standalone.com/palmos/quick_news/

Try them all, you will find the one you like best.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    I agree with what Matty says and have been using QuickNews for the past year or so. Try 'em all and see what you like.
    There is also Advantgo. I though like Quick News. Ben
    Or try squeet.com or rssfwd.com to shoot your RSS feeds to your email inbox. Works like a charm if you send your RSS feeds to fastmail.fm thence onward to your Treo with the utterly wonderful Chatter. Don't install another program on your Treo. Save the memory.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    hi word2218

I have also found QuickNews wonderful to use - I update all my feeds each morning by doing a Hotsync (I don't have an unlimited data plan on my Treo, so its cheaper - and quicker too).

The developers are extremely helpful. For example in response to a problem I mentioned here, Standalone quickly provided me with a new beta-version that reroutes any web links you click on in a feed through your choice of three web-based, site-compression services (eg Skweezer, MobileLeap).

This works very well and has now been integrated into the latest QN version. QN also has a nice feature where you can designate a hardkey that takes you straight back to QN from any website you've linked out to.

geoff