1.    #1  
    Hey guys, i have searched in vain and cannot find how I can increase the rom size on my treo 650. It's probably right under my nose but can someone point me to how I can increase my rom size?

I'm trying to get Palmary clock into my Treo but my rom is right at 7.0 Mb and Palmary adds another 500 kb post zip i think.

Thanks guys!
    Why not just install into ram?
    Have you removed unneccesary applications like Tutorial, VersaMail, RealPlayer, etc. ? That could give you a little more space to work with.

4.    #4  
    I used the posted modded rom with most removed (lang, realplayer, etc..) but I didn't want to remove Versamail since I don't have another email application to use with it.

I added Resco Explorer, Resco Backup, and TCPMP + codecs that's why I kinda ran low on space I'm a little greedy with putting stuff in the ROM.

I can definitely put it in the RAM as it is running right now. I was just wondering if there's a way to expand the ROM. I'm guessing no?
    Aren't the codecs DB files? Does the ROM work?

6.    #6  
    nope, the codecs are prc files so they work fine
    It would be far better to load your codec on your SD card and keep a smaller Rom partition. You don't need the codecs in RAM all the time and if copied to ROM they will be.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

8.    #8  
    gotcha. thanks for the tip
    My Messages Database is 4356K....can this be moved or trimmed down? I'm assuming that this is messages in my Email client.....I delete everything I don't need but it's still a large file?
    TCPMP changes often too, I dunno why you'd want that in ROM, just put it on the SD card..

Messages database is the SMS application, prune it from Messaging. Probably a bunch of MMS or something from that size in your inbox or outbox (the outbox gets overlooked by a lot of people)..
  11.    #11  
    I just needed a media player on the Palm so i removed the original. I think i may just remove it from the ROM and put back the original mediaplayer and move TCPMP to the SD with Powerrun.

I'm new at this so i get giddy with all the stuff I'm putting in the ROM
    You don't need to use Power Run etc just put it in the \Palm\laucher folder on the SD card and it will work just fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I second james suggestion, and would add:
    Keep you're RomPartition as small as possible, and put as little as possible back in.
    Just call me Berd.
    You want to try and keep your ROM as small as possible, because (and correct me if I am wrong) your usable memory is inversely proportional to your ROM size modelled by a linear function whose rate of change is greater than zero (but not necessarily two). When you boot your Treo, it will load everything located in ROM into RAM, and then reserve the ROM location as protected memory. Which means you lose a lot of space for applications which will not fit into ROM. It is best to keep only critical applications in ROM and everything else in RAM or an SD card if necessary.

EDIT

Now that I think about it, the linear function would actually be

M(r)=32 - 2r

Where the slope is negative two with a certain deviance because of the nature of certain applications which may use shared data or something.

Therefore the rate of change is actually less than zero but not necessarily negative two.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 07/14/2006 at 01:07 PM.

ohhh ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Messages database is the SMS application, prune it from Messaging. Probably a bunch of MMS or something from that size in your inbox or outbox (the outbox gets overlooked by a lot of people)..

Thanks, that cleared alot.....now what about moving Documents 890K and Agendus Pro 2028K to the SD card?
    As long as it doesn't run in the background you can move it to the SD card.