1.    #1  
    Here's the scoop. I bought my Treo 650 from Ebay for a best offer deal of $250. When i Recieved the box it was wrapped in plastic, all items were inclosed in plastic, and the phone was brand new. However, it seems that either the phone was refurbished or somehow it was HotSync'd with someone's computer and then returned because the phone was somehow repackaged and re warranted. I have no problems at all and the phone is in perfect condition but I have no idea how to change the name in the upper right hand corner of the HotSync menu screen. Please tell me how I can change this so I can download Chattermail. I need chattermail because Versamail and Gmail are having major problems and being that I'm on the road all the time I don't have the option to not email except whenever my SMTP server feels like allowing me.

SO TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE NAME IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE HOTSYNC MENU. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME. THANK YOU.
    To keep you is no benefit....to destroy you don't matter - Tula

Checkin' in so yall can check it out!!
    Not really a problem at all. From within the Palm Desktop, there is an option to delete user - that's what you need to do.

The steps though - if you want to save anything on the phone - backup the device first. That will include creating a user name that is the same as what is on the device. Then set the options to sync. After that, sync the device.

The next step is to do a hard reset of the device.

The next step after the hard reset of the device is to go back to the Palm desktop and creat a new user if necessary for yourself and then select that user or yourself as the current user and then go from there.
    Ben

Ben
  3.    #3  
    That's the only way? I just put like 150 phone numbers and addresses and email and ..... f*ck...is that the only way?
    To keep you is no benefit....to destroy you don't matter - Tula

Checkin' in so yall can check it out!!
    You didn't say that. What profile did you enter the information into? In the one that it was in when you purchased the device? If that is the case, then just copy over those files that are located in the "old user folders" over to your new user folders and then set it up to go "desktop overwrites device." That is the reason for doing a backup of the device before doing a hard reset. Piece of cake.

As for your language...

Ben