1.    #1  
    Just Saw this online. Please read!

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/DISCOVERY645
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Appears to be an incorrect retailer statement. If you follow the link they provide to Plantronics' website, you find this, which shows all headsets compatible with the 650:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...equestid=35375

The 645 is the first one listed.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Link seems to be working for me.

Edit: now it's not. What a wierd website...try this one:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...equestid=39454
    Last edited by dcpmark; 07/13/2006 at 12:08 PM.
    This definitely not true. Palm sells a rebadge version of 645. It's the same exact headset just with the palm logo where the answer button is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jds4300
    Just Saw this online. Please read!

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/DISCOVERY645
    Do not worry about what the documentation says. It may not be "compatible" but it works really well.
    I have it and it works great
    Be cautious about some of these posts. The 645 works well on some 700p's and not so well on others. I tried one with no software installed and it was terrible. There are many posts on TC that outline many of the problems that have been encountered by many users. Although it is mostly believed that the culprit is the the Treo Bluetooth Radio and not the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbklyn
    I have it and it works great
    Can you give a mini statement on the sound quality? Does the in-ear design really block out noise (like when you're driving). Does the voice sound crisp or does it sound hollow like the oem earbuds?
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs112
    Can you give a mini statement on the sound quality? Does the in-ear design really block out noise (like when you're driving). Does the voice sound crisp or does it sound hollow like the oem earbuds?
    The in-ear design does not block out outside noise. There's actually a hole that goes all the way through the ear gels specifically to let in outside noise. I found that voices were pretty crisp on the Ultralight but the poor battery life and mediocre comfort and security in your ear were deal-breakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The in-ear design does not block out outside noise. There's actually a hole that goes all the way through the ear gels specifically to let in outside noise. I found that voices were pretty crisp on the Ultralight but the poor battery life and mediocre comfort and security in your ear were deal-breakers.
    I admit that I usually charge every night but I am sure that I often fail. I have not had a problem with battery life. I have no other electronic toys with as many charging options. I found the wire ear loop very uncomfortable but not necessary. Without it, I do not find the device insecure.
    Well, to get back on topic....

I really love the 645 except for the fact that it disconnects several times a day and soesn't always reconnect easily. So I called Plantronics and guess what the tier 2 tech support guy said:

"The 645 is NOT compatible with the Treo 700p. The 650 and 700w are fine."

He told me that they were aware of the problem and that it was a Treo issue that they thought Palm would be able to fix with a ROM update.

I asked him if the Palm Ultralight Headset was the same and he said the hardware was but he didn't know about the software and Palm was supporting it directly. He said in the past some OEM's have changed their headset's software so he wouldn't speculate. But he did reiterate several times that the 645 was NOT compatable.

Regardless of the disconnects I still like it better than the Jabra JX-10 (poor sound quality on both ends), Motorolas (too quiet) and the Treo Wireless Headset.

So I'm sticking with it for now and waiting out the ROM update.

Please hurry Palm!