Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a question when i recieve a picture through the internet when it comes on my treo it is locked
    im not able to use them.
    For example i sent a picture of my daughter for my treo from my home computer visa by email when i open it on the treo it has a padlock icon on it
    If i try and use the picture as a caller id picture it wont let me
    why is that and how do you get them unlocked
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    I have a question when i recieve a picture through the internet when it comes on my treo it is locked
    im not able to use them.
    For example i sent a picture of my daughter for my treo from my home computer visa by email when i open it on the treo it has a padlock icon on it
    If i try and use the picture as a caller id picture it wont let me
    why is that and how do you get them unlocked
    hey whats up? this happens to me, too. my cousin sent me a photo of her newborn and I wanted to use it as the picture id for her. but it has a little lock in the corner. it wont let me assign the picture. and I cant unlock it...
    As a workaround, if you go to the sprint pictures website and download the picture to your computer, you can then email it to your treo and use it.
    That happens to me too , i have no idea why, it never happened on my 600 or 650
    I called Sprint about this the day I got my phone, they did something on there end and since then the pictures I recieve are no longer locked. Just give them a call and ask to talk to the reps who deal with Treo problems and they can help you out.
    Get Filez and unlock the picture is what I do.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    I called Sprint about this the day I got my phone, they did something on there end and since then the pictures I recieve are no longer locked. Just give them a call and ask to talk to the reps who deal with Treo problems and they can help you out.
    I called and they have no idea what you are talking about can you tell me more info
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    hey whats up? this happens to me, too. my cousin sent me a photo of her newborn and I wanted to use it as the picture id for her. but it has a little lock in the corner. it wont let me assign the picture. and I cant unlock it...
    Im good whats good with you im calling sprint now i will post back
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    As a workaround, if you go to the sprint pictures website and download the picture to your computer, you can then email it to your treo and use it.
    Did you try this? i did and it too came back with a pad lock on it . This is how i first discovered this
    BTW, Filez didn't work either, still locked.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Did you do the following

select the filename, go details, click attrib tab, then remove the check from copy protected then select save???
    this happens to me too when uploading a pic from the web.

just send from email and then download it to your phone. it will be unlocked then.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism
    this happens to me too when uploading a pic from the web.

just send from email and then download it to your phone. it will be unlocked then.
    step by step please cause i feel like i have done this and it still happen
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall
    Did you do the following

select the filename, go details, click attrib tab, then remove the check from copy protected then select save???
    where do i find the file name to do this ? im a novice please be kind and help me out
    MsRandall, the weird thing is Copy Protected isn't even checked, just Archived...I unchecked that, but no worky
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    MsRandall, the weird thing is Copy Protected isn't even checked, just Archived...I unchecked that, but no worky
    Do you have the newest version of Filez?

edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by NRG; 07/13/2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    step by step please cause i feel like i have done this and it still happen
    Well what I did was let my friend send me their pic to my email. I then went into my email from my phone and downloaded the attachment (pic). You'll have to click on the yellow notepad icon next to the link of the picture to do this. It will give you options and just click Save or Download.
  18.    #18  
    That email and download attachment thing worked. But we should not have to go through all of this to get pictures we can used . I called sprint of course no luck . Im not suprised. We all still need to call sprint about this cause again nothing ever gets fixed with out calls from the masses .
    I copied the images to my SD card, then tried to open them in my Mac, the system said I could no open thne files because they where corrupted. Moved the pictures back to the Treo and they opened fine (still locked). Has anyone been able to get around this stupid lock issue?
    I called sprint and the treo rep didn't do anything about it
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast