Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    same here i called sprint and nothing happen they blamed palm and palm blamed sprint you know the old point the finger game its always the same and no one whats to step up and do anything
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/16/2006 at 07:05 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    all thais just to use a picture? it shouldnt be that difficult
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    It shouldn't be, but it is and it's lame.

The lock is pointless...
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    I called Sprint about this the day I got my phone, they did something on there end and since then the pictures I recieve are no longer locked. Just give them a call and ask to talk to the reps who deal with Treo problems and they can help you out.
    Bad Ash, please give us more information!! Sprint is clueless to our calls and this is unacceptable. I should be able to use my pictures sent as caller ID photos and can't.

I just got a call from Sprint saying this behavior is normal. So you are telling me that yours is FIXED??

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Bad Ash, please give us more information!! Sprint is clueless to our calls and this is unacceptable. I should be able to use my pictures sent as caller ID photos and can't.

I just got a call from Sprint saying this behavior is normal. So you are telling me that yours is FIXED??

K

I got the tip from another user on this forum a while back when I posted a thread regarding this topic. When you call just ask them to reset your picture mail account. After they do that you will have to create a new password and everything should be ok after that. At least it worked for me. It may take a few calls to Sprint because everyone knows how their reps can be... when you call you definately want to talk to a rep that works with the Treo. I know for a fact they exist, they have people that just deal with problems with the Blackberry as well. Good luck!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116346
    If you do that, do you lose all your pictures you have saved on the picture mail website?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    I got the tip from another user on this forum a while back when I posted a thread regarding this topic. When you call just ask them to reset your picture mail account. After they do that you will have to create a new password and everything should be ok after that. At least it worked for me. It may take a few calls to Sprint because everyone knows how their reps can be... when you call you definately want to talk to a rep that works with the Treo. I know for a fact they exist, they have people that just deal with problems with the Blackberry as well. Good luck!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116346
    What if you don't have picturemail like me? I don't have it but I send pictures from an uploader to my phone and they're still locked so I use email to unlock em'.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    If you do that, do you lose all your pictures you have saved on the picture mail website?
    I honestly do not know, I don't go online to view my pictures at all. But if it's the only way to fix the issue...
  9.    #29  
    I honestly do not know, I don't go online to view my pictures at all. But if it's the only way to fix the issue...
    He asked you was your picture fixed?
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    He asked you was your picture fixed?
    Actually he asked me... "If you do that, do you lose all your pictures you have saved on the picture mail website?"

So that is what I was responding to. And like I have said before, yes my picture mail is fine. The pictures I recieve are NOT locked anymore.
  11.    #31  
    Actually he asked me... "If you do that, do you lose all your pictures you have saved on the picture mail website?"

So that is what I was responding to. And like I have said before, yes my picture mail is fine. The pictures I recieve are NOT locked anymore.
    cool thats good to know . I have seen your post to this question and i never saw a yes or no. Im going to call sprint now again cause they keep saying that the changing of your password and resetting your account will not stop the pictures from being locked .
    when they come in they are not locked but once you download then to the phone they then have that pad lock on them. I have had my password changed and my account reset and then had someone send me a picture it comes in ok but once i save to phone and then got back and look in my media and picture folders it still has the pad lock on it .
    I guess your one of the lucky ones
    ya it sucks about these locked picture mails...seems when u receive a picture u need to forward the link to your email then from a computer open up email and download pic then resend to your versamail account via treo, then u can download and use, wont have padlock on it

as far as filez, i have used it to unlock ringers that i have sent to my phone but it doesnt give u the option to unlock the pictures
    Sorry it didn't work for you. I was not sure if it would work or not either. But I guess I did get lucky.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    I called sprint and the treo rep didn't do anything about it
    they are not going to do anything cause they don't have a fix for it (bad ash) post says have them reset your picture and your password and it should work. it didn't for me but he seems to be having some luck. call them and ask for it . again I didn't have any luck but he says it worked for him nothing but a failure beats a try. so try and post back and let me know how it goes. make sure u ask them about your online album.
    Yeah, I asked them to reset my password and they did. It didn't fix a thing and I was told that this is a known issue and that they are working on a "software fix", translated: DON'T LOOK FOR A FIX ANYTIME SOON!!

K
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Yeah, I asked them to reset my password and they did. It didn't fix a thing and I was told that this is a known issue and that they are working on a "software fix", translated: DON'T LOOK FOR A FIX ANYTIME SOON!!

K
    the only thing that password reset thing is doing is just that. resetting your password. It has nothing to do with the padlock on your picture. when they come in they don't have the pad lock on it. Its not until u save it . that's when the pad lock appears.
    I'm not the only one this has worked for. Maybe the person I talked to knew their stuff and I just got lucky. Everytime you call sprint you'll get different answers. Again, the pics I receive are not locked like they used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall
    Get Filez and unlock the picture is what I do.
    How do you do this? I wasn't able to find the picture file using FileZ.
  19.    #39  
    I would like to know also . Im going to downloas file z tonight
    I have filez and all it tells me is a few details about my internal and external mem. dosnt actually list the files. is it supposed to?
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast