Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey whats up? first just wanted to say this is a great site. tons of useful info.

anyway, I followed someone's directions and I still have no luck. I am using a treo 700p, btw.

My problem is that I cannot seem to assign mp3 files as ringtones in my contact list. i have tried everything but I cant find where to use the songs as ringtones. I have a 1gb SD card with tons of songs on it. I would love to use some of them, but I cant figure out how. any help would be appreciated!

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    You need a program that will allow you to use them such as Lightwav Pro...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    You need a program that will allow you to use them such as Lightwav Pro...
    Good lookin' out for that. Ill try that out and let you know if it works.

Peace
    anyone using lightwave pro successfully on the treo700p? I seem to always have problem getting it to work right on the 650.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  5.    #5  
    I wouldnt mind paying for something like this usually, but I was hoping to find a way to do this for free...any free software out there that does the same thing as lightwave pro? all help is greatly appreciated!

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    anyone using lightwave pro successfully on the treo700p? I seem to always have problem getting it to work right on the 650.
    I've been using for about 3 wks or so and am lovin' it!
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    I wouldnt mind paying for something like this usually, but I was hoping to find a way to do this for free...any free software out there that does the same thing as lightwave pro? all help is greatly appreciated!

thanks
    The Treo will let you use a pic for caller ID, but it's just a thumbnail, not full screen.

As for individual ringtones, I haven't heard of any free apps for individual ringtones but you can do a ringtone for known callers and one for unknown callers for free.
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    The Treo will let you use a pic for caller ID, but it's just a thumbnail, not full screen.

As for individual ringtones, I haven't heard of any free apps for individual ringtones but you can do a ringtone for known callers and one for unknown callers for free.
    yea i figured that. cool ill just spend a few dollars. i tried using that funformobile.com thing to upload an mp3 to my phone. it sent me the text message and i downloaded the file to my phone. now how do I pull it up on the ringers list? it dosnt show up in the list. it just downloaded and that was that. now i cant find the file. i tried downloading to my internal ram and SD card. nothing worked.

thanks for the help
    I think Ringo Pro is excellent for assigning my own mp3's as ringtones. Very easy to set up and use.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfjazz
    I think Ringo Pro is excellent for assigning my own mp3's as ringtones. Very easy to set up and use.
    what limitations are there with the trial version?

thanks a lot man!
  11.    #11  
    nevermind i just downloaded it and sent it to my phone. i unlocked the program and will see whats up with it. thanks
    You can use AAC files as ringtones. So just convert your mp3's into AAC (mp4, m4a) and then follow the directions below. iTunes can do the conversion as well as some other free apps.

AAC Conversion to Ringtone

1. Change the file extension to .amr, then send to Treo (bluetooth, email etc)

2. Open the file and accept into 'Voice Memo' . 'Copy to Ringtone'. Delete Voice Memo.

3. Open Filez (free file management app for Palm) and find ringtone. It will have a name like 'TON-{name}'. Go to details and change the type from 'AMRf' to 'AACf', (case sensitive).

4. Open the 'Sounds' app and and it should be listed. You can go into 'Manage' to edit the name if you like.
    "I want my 2 dollars!"
    - Better Off Dead -
  13.    #13  
    EDIT: Ringo Pro has caused problems.

When the phone rings it works but when you answer it, it makes the phone reset! This is a huge problem. I cannot have my phone resetting when I get a call. Thats a bad issue. Of course it may work on other models, but not on this one. Sorry to spread the word it works when it really dosnt on the 700p.

Peace fam
    Last edited by Smoove03; 07/13/2006 at 01:07 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Ringer Pro makes my phone reset when I answer a call
    Ringer Pro makes my phone reset when I answer a call
    If you use lightwav PRO then you can use Ptunes and play all the formats that it supports eg: mp3/wav/ogg/wma. you might need to upgrade ptunes to play wma
    yea i figured that. cool ill just spend a few dollars. i tried using that funformobile.com thing to upload an mp3 to my phone. it sent me the text message and i downloaded the file to my phone. now how do I pull it up on the ringers list? it dosnt show up in the list. it just downloaded and that was that. now i cant find the file. i tried downloading to my internal ram and SD card. nothing worked.
    I know what site you're talking about, I think my daughter uses it but I have no real clue about it.

Sorry about the Ringo issue. I know they had problems awhile ago with the 700 (that's part of what sent me to LightWav) but I thought I read somewhere they just fixed them recently with a new version? Guess not.
    I've been using Option #2 from http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54271. Couldn't be easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by swstranger
    I've been using Option #2 from http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54271. Couldn't be easier.
    That's what I had been doing on my 650 and, initially, on my 700. The thing that finally pushed me to Lightwav was the full screen caller ID. Since installing it, I've actually had fun playing around assigning individual ringtones, which was never that big of a deal to me before.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    I know what site you're talking about, I think my daughter uses it but I have no real clue about it.

Sorry about the Ringo issue. I know they had problems awhile ago with the 700 (that's part of what sent me to LightWav) but I thought I read somewhere they just fixed them recently with a new version? Guess not.
    yea its cool though. when I went to download it, there were some user reviews. one of the reviews I read told about the exact same problem that I had. the phone would reset when you recieve a call. but I tried it anyway and it happened to me, too. so maybe it affects all 700p models. i dont know but its cool. sh!t happens

i find out a way!
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    I have noticed occasional phone resetting issues, but hadn't yet traced them to Ringo Pro. Maybe I'll try deleting it for a while and seeing if that eliminates the problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast