1.    #1  
    I am interested in the Directory Assistant Freeware.. but wanted to know, does it require a net connection on the phone? Thanks.
    Yes...it doesnt have its own database loaded on the phone...it goes out on the net and check www.yp.com I think.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

How about kmaps?
    Does anyone know if it needs a data connection?
    Just call me Berd.
    Blazer sucks, every time I go to http://google.com it wants to use the internet.
    Does using the search function use data?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman
    I am interested in the Directory Assistant Freeware.. but wanted to know, does it require a net connection on the phone? Thanks.
    The alternative would be to store all that data on your Treo ot SD card....I have a similar program for the desktop and that data comprises over 3 Gigs.....so Ya would need to carry and swap 1.5 2G SD cards to maintain the necessary info on ya Treo.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 07/13/2006 at 10:19 AM.
    Is this really a serious question? How in Gods name would a search on Google not use data? I'm really confused could I use LEM simulator to really get to the moon. I guess you can chalk this up to more money then......
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The alternative would be to store all that data on your Treo ot SD card....I have a similar program for the desktop and that data comprises over 3 Gigs.....so Ya would need to carry and swap up about 1500 2G SD cards to maintain the necessary info on ya Treo.
    The math isn't working for me here, wouldn't 3 gigs be stored on two 2 gig SD cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    The math isn't working for me here, wouldn't 3 gigs be stored on two 2 gig SD cards?
    I think he is just being more exact.

Under your example...you are wasting a gig. (2 cards x 2 gigs = 4 gigs)

Under Jacks, he is saying (2 cards x 1.5 gigs of actual space used = 3 gigs).

You both get there.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

No, I fixed my post....I had it wrong 1st time thru