1.    #1  
    So, I'm trying out ringtone apps to see which I'd like. I liked Ringo Pro, but it's $30 and I don't know if I want to drop that much, especially when mRing's only $20 (funny how we make decisions over $10 different when looking for software to put on a $545 phone ).

The only thing I don't like about mRing is the fact that I can't mute a ring when it's calling. I like doing this, instead of ignoring for 2 reasons.
    1. The caller doesn't know I'm "ignoring" their call
    2. If I'm talking to someone, I can mute it, finish my sentence in peace, with no distractions, and then if I decide to answer it, and it's still "ringing" I can answer it.

I can do this with Ringo Pro, but it doesn't work with mRing. I've looked for a setting to allow this, but can't find it. Is this something the program is lacking, or am I just lost?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    the sound switch on the top of the phone does an excellent job of muting. just dont' forget to switch it back on later.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
  3.    #3  
    Uhh, yeah, I know about the switch. Currently, if someone's calling, I can hit the volume buttons and it'll mute it, until I can answer it. I can't do that with mRing. I did email them, and they responded quickly. They said all I need to do is tap anywhere on the screen, and it'll mute it. It works, but not quickly, and neither does the program. Whenever I press the green button to answer, it takes at least a second to actually answer the call. When I first started using it, I'd press the center button, nothing would happen, and I'd press it again. This would answer, then hang up the call. Not good.

I really want to like mRing, but I don't think $10 is worth the slow response time and the fact that I have to take it out of my holster and touch the screen to mute it. Oh well, I'll give it till the end of the trial.