1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Here is a weird one: when I am scrolling through the application launcher and reach the applications that start with "P", my 650 crashes. I am not using any special launcher, just the standard palm one.

If I type #*377 to find out what caused it, the error messages says : "A reset was caused on NN/NN/NN at NN:NN while running "Applications": Fatal exception.

I have tried lots of things without success (restoring saved preferences, etc.). Is there any way to manually edit the applications list?. Is that on a preference register or is separate pdb?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    What applications do you have which start with the letter P?

3.    #3  
    I have Powerrun, palmpdf, pdanet, phone, pocketmoney, prefs, prison, psmemo and ptunes, but I didnt installed any of these recently and everything was working fine till now.
    What applications do you have running in the background?

Not sure this helps at all.....I was running Launcher X and the same thing would happen when I scrolled past my "games" catigory. After the reset I would be in the standard launcher, when I selected my card I would get a reset. So I removed all the progams from my card one by one, and reinstalled them. In my case it was LEM simulater.
    Is the first "P" app on your card? Maybe it became corrupt.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  6.    #6  
    I have butler, fieldsplus and callrec, but I tried with a cold start (reset + up arrow) and same thing, so background apps aren't the culprits. I think if maybe I can enter the preference or pdb tha lists wich apps will be shown at the launcher, I will fix the problem. Does anybody knows were the OS saves that info?
    leardvr has an interesting point, that is very much possible.

Do you have Keycaps installed by chance?

This happens to me on occasion as well with the P key. I hit P and it switches quickly between a couple P apps quickly then self resets. I use zLauncher but wondering if it's Keycaps repeat rate that might be the culprit.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    Nope, I donīt have keycaps installed and as I said, even if I boot without any resident programs (up arrow pressed while resetting) the problem is still there so I am sure that the issue is with the "list" of programs in the launcher, getting corrupted. And the error log says what I wrote in my first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by aruffo
    And the error log says what I wrote in my first post.
    That's what my error log said also, but that wasn't the problem. I've found that I don't always trust the error log.

And the reset your doing (a 'warm reset') was the same thing I did, and I still had issues with resets, until I cleaned all the apps off my card and added them one at a time. It's a pain but I was able to fix the problem. In fact when I went to delete the problem app off my PC I got an error message that it was corrupt and couldn't be deleted.
    <hr>
    </marquee>
    See what happens when you use Windows?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

He's not using Window's it's a 650.
    <hr>
    </marquee>
    I don't know if it'll help in this situation, but ResetEmu has come in real handy for tracking down rogue apps:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=12416
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    If the problem happens on a warm reset (up button when resetting), then I'm afraid that the file used by the launcher (psyslaunchdb) may be corrupt. Try restoring that from an old backup or by doing a (desktop overwrites handheld) in the backup conduit.

Otherwise it's hard-reset and restore time. If that fails, it's hard-reset and re-install :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15.    #15  
    Hi, psyslaunchdb was teh problem. I restored it from a previous backup anda everything is fine now. Many thanks!