Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I've tried Zlauncher, and while it's a great program it's a bit robust for me. I've also used LauncherX in the past (back inthe days of me using the M500 series and my V and Vx).

I'm looking to keep the simplicity of the present Palm launcher, but only want to add the ability to put the app icons in respective groups rather then a "CARD" group. Anything simple like that? Iv'e searched but it's hard to keyword something like this.
    I find Launcher X to be perfect, not as bloated as ZLauncher yet much nicer than the stock launcher. If you haven't used it lately give it another try, it has changed developer hands lately.
    There term "bloated" when used with ZLauncher is a bit of an over statement. ZLauncher does so much more than the standard launcher. I would term it as large as, but bloated - no, it's the heavy weight that does the heavy weight work.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    There term "bloated" when used with ZLauncher is a bit of an over statement. ZLauncher does so much more than the standard launcher. I would term it as large as, but bloated - no, it's the heavy weight that does the heavy weight work.

Ben
    And you can "dumb it down" as much as necessary to only use what you want and see what you want...just takes a little work to get there
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I dont' want anything on my launcher other then what you see with the generic palm launcher, minus the ability to just have the applications in categories vs. remaining in the "card" group.
    And ZLauncher even fills your needs, Badgermac - it'll do whatever you want. Ben
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Personally, I like Launcher X. In fact, I just bought it today after running through a trial of it and Zlauncher for the past few weeks. I find it seems lighter weight and it's *much* easier on the eyes. Zlauncher just doesn't seem as polished to me.

Granted, it's $3 more than Zlauncher so, there's that downside.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgermac
    I'm looking to keep the simplicity of the present Palm launcher, but only want to add the ability to put the app icons in respective groups rather then a "CARD" group. Anything simple like that? Iv'e searched but it's hard to keyword something like this.
    badgermac. I haven't used Z-launcher or Launcher X, BUT I have Hi-Launcher, because it is just enough for what I want.

It is very simple to use, and is just what it says----a Launcher. I mapped it to the "Green key" (since that doesn't do much anyway). You can set up any app. you want to be launched, including the CARD ones that you need.

Check it out at: http://www.hilauncher.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by fluxrad
    Personally, I like Launcher X. In fact, I just bought it today after running through a trial of it and Zlauncher for the past few weeks. I find it seems lighter weight and it's *much* easier on the eyes. Zlauncher just doesn't seem as polished to me.

Granted, it's $3 more than Zlauncher so, there's that downside.
    ZLauncher not polished? You didn't customize it any, apparently..

http://unlimitedphoto.com/~wally/zlauncher-ql.bmp
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ZLauncher not polished? You didn't customize it any, apparently..
    Actually, I used a couple of different themes and found them all to be lacking in polish (including the one you've got in your screen shot). It's a rendering issue with ZLauncher itself that I took issue with. If you think the interface looks good then more power to you. I just couldn't get into it. The app has a very homemade look to it.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about extremely subtle differences in things like antialiasing and overall design, so YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by feces
    I find Launcher X to be perfect, not as bloated as ZLauncher yet much nicer than the stock launcher. If you haven't used it lately give it another try, it has changed developer hands lately.
    i've used Launcher II and III in the early days and isnt no where near silverScreen, ZLauncher or YIShow. before LauncherX it had ugly user interface and it was free. From the look of LaucherX its almost like they just added a new UI. It isnt nearly as flexible or more advanced than others.
    ZLauncher is where it's at. You can get a polished interface with some work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by badgermac
    I've tried Zlauncher, and while it's a great program it's a bit robust for me. I've also used LauncherX in the past (back inthe days of me using the M500 series and my V and Vx).

It's called PowerRUN....no new icons, no skin, no remapping, just the thing you asked for.
    Just my two cents, but both of those ZLauncher setups lack polish IMHO...

ZLauncher is a fine piece of software, dont get me wrong. It just the fact that the ZLauncher fans sometimes can't seem to grasp that some people do not care for its look, its size, perceived feature creep or complexity.

Such a silly thing, to insist that your application launcher is the best and that others simply must not understand it if they dont like it...

There is an abundance of application launchers for PalmOS. This selection is a good thing. Try them all, use the one you like. Don't worry if others dont like it.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I use LauncherX as well. I tried both ZLauncher and Initiate, and although they are good applications, I found LauncherX to be more "comfortable" to use. Personal preference, I'm sure, as all three launchers have their strong points.

I agree with the previous poster. Try several launchers, and use the one you like best. What's perfect for one person, may not necessarily be right for someone else. Try a few out and choose the one that best fits your needs.

Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber
    I use LauncherX as well. I tried both ZLauncher and Initiate, and although they are good applications, I found LauncherX to be more "comfortable" to use. Personal preference, I'm sure, as all three launchers have their strong points.

I agree with the previous poster. Try several launchers, and use the one you like best. What's perfect for one person, may not necessarily be right for someone else. Try a few out and choose the one that best fits your needs.

Kim
    My experience exactly. I'm now using LauncherX too.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    You could also try iSpin 1.8 or the newley released MegaLauncher 6.1 that now has zip/uzipping abilities......