1.    #1  
    OK, so I have a Treo 700w with Verizon. Crappy reception at work, not much better at home. I-238 I have great receiption, as well as Tahoe and Las Vegas. Yeah, maybe I should move there...

I've seen advertisements for antenna boosters...some that require power, and some that are stickers that attach to the phone. I've seen some sites that claim they work, and others that don't.

Has anyone purchased or used such devices, and if so...what do you think?
    The sticker boosters are a bunch of crap. Don't waste your money on them.

Did you have a different Verizon phone before and were you having the same problems? If not, is there someone at work you can compare signal reception with to make sure it isn't the phone.

It might be that all Verizon subscribers have the same problem you do in the same area.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
  3.    #3  
    I had a 650 before, with the same receiption. Others in the work area have the same issue. All in all, Verizon service at our entire location isn't that great.
    We've had a couple requests for some way to boost their signal, so I'm looking to see if there are options other than paying Verizon $20,000 to build a cell tower on our building rooftop.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Did you make that? Could you tell us how well it works? What parts you ordered?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Cookie Man

A tenant in our office building put a directional antenna on the roof with a transceiver in the ceiling plenum. Wasn't a lot of money (few hundreds??) and boosted the signal for everyone on the carrier's network. Lucky for me I was on the same network and got the benefit at no cost! Don't remember what type of device this is really called but call Verizon or a good comm geek and I'm sure someone will know.

Good Luck!