Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think that's just another E-Mail client, I upgraded to an unbranded ROM a long time ago, so I have no idea about any of the carrier specific applications, sorry.

2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I think that's just another E-Mail client, I upgraded to an unbranded ROM a long time ago, so I have no idea about any of the carrier specific applications, sorry.
    Unbranded ROM?
    I got rid of all the carrier specific applications from my ROM in order to save space.

4.    #44  
    I think I got it. I deleted the setup and redid it using the default Adelphia outgoing server info. That worked so far. Strange. Hopefully things will get better with this thing.
    If you are using cingular . the outgoing server that you need to use is below(no www in fromt). This works fine for me.

Outgoing Mail Server: cwmx.com

good luck
    Jorge
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by georgito
    If you are using cingular . the outgoing server that you need to use is below(no www in fromt). This works fine for me.

Outgoing Mail Server: cwmx.com

good luck
    Jorge
    Well my carrier is Cingular but my email is Adelphia. When I choose Adelphia in the initial setup screen it defaults to cwmx.com and has been working since, however I do on occasion have it downloading email that I have already deleted, even deleted off the server. Can't figure that one out. When I see it trying to DL 56 messeges I just hit cancel and try again. It works fine the second time.
    I'm switching service from Sprint to Cing and getting new 650 and also secondary phone (non 650) with a different number.

Because Cingular forces you to select the $40 unlimited plan with a Treo I'm guessing that I could request the number that I really want to be on the Treo in the other phone...and then also select the $20 media net on that phone, and when I get the phones just switch the Sims...correct? Hope that made sense.

Anybody done this before?
    Thanks all

(Sprint has dropped one too many of my calls...it ridiculous and embarrassing)
    I am planning to get a Cingular Treo 650, and I have read most all of the related posts on this site and others.

It sounds like I can get the Media Max 200 with a Treo 650 with Cingular and be all set. I am a little confused on the wap vs isp settings. Can I still log into POP servers and download and send email with the Media Max pkg and a Treo 650? Using versamail or snappermail & Media Max is no problem?

I plan to add media max on my Moto v220, then get the Treo, which will hopefully eliminate any 'signup' issues when I upgrade.

I also assume that I can swap SIM cards in the V220 and Treo 650, and seamlessly use one or the other?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I had a Nokia lying around. Called CIngular, added that phone as the phone on my plan, added Media Max plan, made sure my SIM was in my Treo. Done deal.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I signed up for a new Cingular plan with a basic Nokia phone, and got Media Max. I popped the SIM into my unbranded 650 and it works perfectly. I use it for retrieving POP e-mail through Versamail and occasional Web browsing, mostly Google searches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwake View Post
    I am planning to get a Cingular Treo 650, and I have read most all of the related posts on this site and others.

It sounds like I can get the Media Max 200 with a Treo 650 with Cingular and be all set. I am a little confused on the wap vs isp settings. Can I still log into POP servers and download and send email with the Media Max pkg and a Treo 650? Using versamail or snappermail & Media Max is no problem?

I plan to add media max on my Moto v220, then get the Treo, which will hopefully eliminate any 'signup' issues when I upgrade.

I also assume that I can swap SIM cards in the V220 and Treo 650, and seamlessly use one or the other?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
    Yes, you can get the MEdia Max 200 for $19.99/mo for your Cingular Treo 650 - this is what I have. I never had any signup issues with this plan for my Treo - I didn't have to do any end-a-rounds with other devices first. It's funny that if you purchase the Treo 650 online at Cingular, they only offer you the Data Connect for PDAs package choices, like the Data Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail for $39.99/mo. I purchased mine in-store and was able to get it for the same price as the online price, and had no prblem selecting the MEdia Max 200 package.

And yes, you can access POP servers such as GMail using VersaMail or other. However, this MediaMax package will not allow you to access corporate email and calendar accounts - for that you need Xpress Mail, which lately comes "free" with the PDA package, Data Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail for $39.99/mo. Don't know if you can add the Xpress Mail ala carte for $4.99/mo to the MEdia Max 200.
    Last edited by Convert; 09/08/2006 at 10:23 AM.
    Thanks for the information. I don't need to access any corporate info, just normal POP accounts and some web browsing.

I plan to signup for MediaMax 200 with my existing phone, then borrow a Cingular Treo 650 and pop in my SIM card and try it for a few days before paying Cingular for a new Treo 650, just to make sure it all works for me.

I appreciate the reply.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123