Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21  
    What have you got for your SMTP settings?


  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    What have you got for your SMTP settings?
    mail.adelphia.net
  3. #23  
    Any kind of authentication? ESMTP, POP before SMTP, etc?


  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Any kind of authentication? ESMTP, POP before SMTP, etc?
    No
  5. #25  
    Try using SMTP authentication, most servers require some form of authentication. It's more efficient to use SMTP AUTH instead of POP before SMTP. I think there is a setting in VersaMail which says "My server requires authentication" or something of the sort. The username and password will be the same as the incoming mail server.


  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Try using SMTP authentication, most servers require some form of authentication. It's more efficient to use SMTP AUTH instead of POP before SMTP. I think there is a setting in VersaMail which says "My server requires authentication" or something of the sort. The username and password will be the same as the incoming mail server.
    I see "Use secure connection" (SSL), Use Authentication (APOP) and ESMTP I don't see just SMTP in Versamail.
  7. #27  
    ESMTP is the same thing. ESMTP is service extension of SMTP which uses authentication. So check ESMTP and type in your username and password.


  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    ESMTP is the same thing. ESMTP is service extension of SMTP which uses authentication. So check ESMTP and type in your username and password.
    got 502 error Command is locally disabled.
  9.    #29  
    It won't let me send an email period now.
  10. #30  
    So what exactly do you have for outgoing settings:

    Server:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password: You don't have to post it, just make sure it's there
    ESMTP? APOP? POP before SMTP?

    If you have verified that all of the above are correct, then try disabling ESMTP and then doing a Recieve Only and then a Send.


  11. #31  
    This could be an anti relay fucntion on Adelphia. They check the IP Address of where you're coming from and to what email you are sending to. Your ip address may belong to your carrier's (and not adelphia's class B or whatever they have) so they won't allow you to relay off their server.
  12. #32  
    But usually when a closed relay is specified there are alternate methods of verification. It doesn't necessarily have to be bound to an IP no? I'm not an Adelphia customer, so I don't know, but in my experience I have found that closed relay isn't completely closed... you could be very much right, but that would be a terrible decision on the ISPs part....


  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    So what exactly do you have for outgoing settings:

    Server:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password: You don't have to post it, just make sure it's there
    ESMTP? APOP? POP before SMTP?

    If you have verified that all of the above are correct, then try disabling ESMTP and then doing a Recieve Only and then a Send.
    Account Setup Screen:
    Account name: John's email
    Mail Service: Other
    Protocol: POP

    Second Screen:
    Username: john@xxxxx.org
    PW: Assigned

    Third Screen:
    Email Address: john@xxxxx.org
    Incoming Mail Server: mail.xxxxx.org
    Outgoing Mail Server: mail.adelphis.net

    Advanced Screen:
    Incoming Server Settings
    Port No 110
    Use Secure Connection (SSL) unchecked
    Use Authentication (APOP) unchecked

    Outgoing Server Settings
    Port No 25
    Use Secure Connection (SSL) unchecked
    Use authentication (ESMTP) unchecked (tried it checked and did not work)
  14.    #34  
    I can receive mail but not send it.
  15. #35  
    I don't know what to tell you, ESMTP was my best guess... sorry.

    EDIT

    Wait, your incoming server has a different top level domain than your outgoing server. This leads me to believe that the servers are two different services. Have you tried using a different outgoing server, xxxxxx.org maybe?


  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    I don't know what to tell you, ESMTP was my best guess... sorry.

    EDIT

    Wait, your incoming server has a different top level domain than your outgoing server. This leads me to believe that the servers are two different services. Have you tried using a different outgoing server, xxxxxx.org maybe?
    They are two different services. I use Hostexcellence.com to host my web page so I can keep the same email addy regardless of what service I use which is Adelphia cable right now. I have never had a problem with this in the past.
  17. #37  
    You said you had it working on a BB? What were the exact settings you had on there?


  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    You said you had it working on a BB? What were the exact settings you had on there?
    I used exchangemymail.com so I would have it as a BES. They had their own settings which I removed. I don't remember what they were but I don't remember having to change any of the settings we are talking about.
  19. #39  
    Beyond me then, I suppose you could sign up for GMail or something and use their server for outgoing mail...


  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Beyond me then, I suppose you could sign up for GMail or something and use their server for outgoing mail...
    Is Cingulars Xpress Mail any better?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions