1.    #1  
    I've tried everything, but the bottom line is I can't access the "Phone Preferences" because whenever I do, my phone resets. Suggestions?
    Delete your splash screen hacks
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Concur. Sounds like you installed one of Shadowmite's old 650 splash mods. This is a known reset problem on the 700p.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    This is a known reset problem on the 700p.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ne+preferences
  5.    #5  
    Okay. Except how do I remove it? Someone asked the same question in that thread but it was never answered because he figured it out himself.

Thanks.
    The file you may want to move (use a file management program such as FileZ or whatever you have) to your card ... Phone_SPCS.prc AND THEN do a soft reset for giggles and give it a try.

Ben
  7.    #7  
    I've got FileZ but it won't let me delete this program. Also I've got Phone_SPCS and Phone_SPCS_enUS.
    Take a look at its properties and see if it is set as "read only." If it is, change that and try it again. Ben
  9.    #9  
    Thanks but that's not working -- I get various ROM-based error messages whenever I try to change read only or when I try to delete it.
    Are you sure you're trying to delete Phone_SPCS and not the other? I've done it several times when I needed to get in to my phone prefs.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  11.    #11  
    Yes, I'm sure. Get the same type of error every time -- sucker won't delete no matter what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Yes, I'm sure. Get the same type of error every time -- sucker won't delete no matter what I do.
    A FileZ issue, maybe? I don't use it but maybe someone else can jump in here?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Okay the first snapshot shows you what my FileZ view looks like for a default configuration, i.e. no overlay file installed. Note that the option to show files in ROM is checked. You can see the Phone_SPCS file is in ROM as indicated by the little memory chip icon beside it, and therefore cannot be removed.

http://tinyurl.com/jkbtm

The second snapshot shows the same FileZ view with my Shadowmite Phone overlay file copied to RAM from my SD card. It shows up as filename "Phone_SPCS+" and does not have the ROM indicating memory chip icon. It can easily be deleted with FileZ.

http://tinyurl.com/gvr8j

If your phone overlay file has some other name you can look for it by using the FileZ Filter option: set it to filter on CreatorID of "HsPh" (it is case sensitive).

Hope this helps,
    ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok so i'm a bit confused. What exactly do I do to delete Phone_SPCS?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Tap on the Phone_SPCS file in RAM (not ROM), that'll put a checkmark next to the filename. You can then do either
    • Menu --> Item --> Delete
    or
    • Tap Details, Tap Delete
    Either one will delete the file from RAM.

ERic
    Was anybody able to create a Sprint Splash file for the Treo 700p that doesn't make the Treo to reset?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
    Tap on the Phone_SPCS file in RAM (not ROM), ... .... .
    This helped me. It was deleting the file "Phone_SPCS" from RAM not ROM, I lost my custom splash screen but now I can access my phone prefs from the phone screen. Ow yeah, I used "Explorer" not "Filez." Get "Explorer" it's great! Thanks guys.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING