Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that the vibrate feature on the Treo 700P is no where as strong as the vibrate feature that was on the Treo 650? I have several Treo 700p's and all of them have a "similar" vibrate intensity so I don't believe that it is an issue with a particular unit. Several of my end users are complaining that they are missing emails by not feeling the vibration. I have thoroughly tested each unit and the vibrate feature does work when you send an email to the Treo. I just believe that they are just not feeling the vibration at the time of the email.
    you are correct - nowhere near as strong as my 600 . . .
    I like that it's not as strong. When I would be on the 600 talking, and I would get a message or something and it would vibrate, my caller would usually complain about the loud buzzing.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    I think it's as strong, just not as loud. I like that.
    My 700p vibrates much strong than my 600. Maybe twice as much.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I think it's stronger than my 600. I can actually feel it in the pouch case on my belt.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've tried two 700p's and neither one was anywhere near as strong as my 650.

When the 650 was in the cradle on my desk I never had a problem noticing when a vibrating alert would fire. With the 700p, if I don't notice the screen turn on I'll miss the alert....

ERic
    I would say my 700p is about the same, maybe a little less powerful than my 650 on vibrate. One of my pet peeves are vibrating phones that are so loud that they might as well just use an annoying musical jingle...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've noticed a big difference from my 700p to my old 600 in that it's much, much weaker of a vibration. But I've also noticed that it's somewhat inconsistent. Occasionally it will vibrate harder and it surprises me.
    I have 2 700p and one definitely vibrates stronger than the other. I've also had several 650 replacements that weren't as strong as my original 650. This all depends on the motor they put in. I have swapped motors before this is how I know.
    "I've noticed a big difference from my 700p to my old 600 in that it's much, much weaker of a vibration. But I've also noticed that it's somewhat inconsistent. Occasionally it will vibrate harder and it surprises me."

Agreed. I had to exchange my Treo 700p for a new one this morning and I noticed the same thing. Sometimes I clealry feel the phone vibrate and other times I am missing a text here and there before I don't feel it. But when I do feel it the vibration is hard to miss soi know I am not just not feeling everything.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StationA
    Sometimes I clealry feel the phone vibrate and other times I am missing a text here and there before I don't feel it. But when I do feel it the vibration is hard to miss soi know I am not just not feeling everything.
    This is exactly what my end users are complaining about.
    I know that part of the problem is my use of a holster to carry the Treo. But the fact is I am describing my experience with the vibration, both strong and weak, while in the holster, so it is hard to just attribute it to that.
    Seems quite variable. For me, the 700 has easily twice as strong of a vibrate that either the 600 or 650. In fact, this is the first of the 3 that I can reliably use the vibrate without fear of missing a call or page.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    I think that the vibrate function should be strong but not so strong you can hear it, that goes back on the reason it was introduced. So you know when you phone is going but others dont.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR