Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    http://www.webmessenger.com/

OK I'm going over to try it all out!

Karl
    www.qtqtqt.com
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    unfortunately, it says you need a plugin on your PC, so for us Mac(PPC) users, no luck.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    It's not really Skype for Palm, it's just an interface that lets you make calls through your PC at home. You still use minutes on your cell.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    unfortunately, it says you need a plugin on your PC, so for us Mac(PPC) users, no luck.
    Here is another option:
    http://www.eqo.com/download_what.php

I haven't read the whole site, but it looks to be FREE, supports 700p, AND PC or mac..........
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    cool! thanks!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    EQO & Webmessenger

Both work the same way, you have to install an app on your PC, and it basically uses your Skypeout minutes ($0 for now in the US) to make a 3 way call to your cell. Neither solution work well, I am sad to report after testing both.

Karl
    qtqtqt.com
    I just tried it. It's a pretty cool program, and you can skypeout through it. It's a little slow when it comes to the user interface but no real complaints. The only drawback that I can see is that your PC has to be on for it to work.
    Last edited by Bagbklyn; 07/13/2006 at 11:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I still don't see the point of this, so maybe I'm missing something. How does this get you anything? The only two things I can think of is for free incoming plans and maybe for a landline, since incoming calls are free anyway.

Joe
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    EQO & Webmessenger

Both work the same way, you have to install an app on your PC, and it basically uses your Skypeout minutes ($0 for now in the US) to make a 3 way call to your cell. Neither solution work well, I am sad to report after testing both.

Karl
    qtqtqt.com
    Thanks for the heads up
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    I still don't see the point of this, so maybe I'm missing something. How does this get you anything? The only two things I can think of is for free incoming plans and maybe for a landline, since incoming calls are free anyway.

Joe

It's cheaper for making international calls.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    And hey, we ARE geeks, are we not?

Karl
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I am currently using EQO with OK results.
    Once it works, I'm switching to WebMessenger because there is a Palm OS client whereas EQO is JAVA and... I need the memory!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    WebMessenger is too buggy right now...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Does anyone have the eqo client working on the 700p?
    It'd be nice, I think, from what little I read, if you had alltel. Put your home number on your "Free Call" and call out with your mobile to your home and through skype... maybe I'm not getting it though.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    avoid all the aggravation and just use www.jajah.com/mini

It works great. Put in your number, the number you are calling, and in a couple of seconds, your phone rings, then the person you are calling rings. You can also set it to delay for a bit before it calls. I have used it numerous times and am very happy with it!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    jajah? Part of the deal with Skype is that you have other people ON Skype. Thta jajah thing looks interesting though...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    for $.02 a minute with jajah, who cares if they are on skype. It easily works to call anyone on jajah or not, ohh and they have some free promotion for calling other jajah users as well.
    I have the EQO client working. It works okay, although the JVM pukes every so often, forcing you to delete and re-install the client. I just keep it on the SD card and reinstalled when it pukes. (such is the life of beta software).

When running proerly, it works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    avoid all the aggravation and just use www.jajah.com/mini

It works great. Put in your number, the number you are calling, and in a couple of seconds, your phone rings, then the person you are calling rings. You can also set it to delay for a bit before it calls. I have used it numerous times and am very happy with it!
    I signed up and tried it. With or without the mini version, your address book doesn't show up. So you have to manually put in the number you want to dial. What a pain in the heck. Besides international calls. Thers is no way I will go though the trouble.

Although you don't need your PC to be on, which is a huge plus over eqo/webmassenger. OTHO, all calls show up as "private call" in your friends' phone. Does eqo/webmessenger show your SkypeIn number?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast