Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought about this problem again, really there is no need to use smart phone if all you need to do is get a third party to call you and an internation number to save money.

You can modify the prepaid calling card service to make it do that. You should be able to call the local prepaid number, get access becuase you are calling from a registered number (just like jajah), and dial in a speed dial number to reach your friend/family oversea.

I looked around the internet for a bit. To my surprise, there is a prepaid card service do exactly that. You can pre program your speed dial number, up to 99 of them. So you can use the minimun of button press to reach an international number at ease.
    http://www.icallabroad.com/features/

The only thing is the rate is not that good. I just need to find a service that do exactly that at a lower rate. Much better than these eqo/webmessanger/jajah crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I thought about this problem again, really there is no need to use smart phone if all you need to do is get a third party to call you and an internation number to save money.

You can modify the prepaid calling card service to make it do that. You should be able to call the local prepaid number, get access becuase you are calling from a registered number (just like jajah), and dial in a speed dial number to reach your friend/family oversea.

I looked around the internet for a bit. To my surprise, there is a prepaid card service do exactly that. You can pre program your speed dial number, up to 99 of them. So you can use the minimun of button press to reach an international number at ease.
    http://www.icallabroad.com/features/

The only thing is the rate is not that good. I just need to find a service that do exactly that at a lower rate. Much better than these eqo/webmessanger/jajah crap.
    The rates are so high with icallabroad, 50% higher than jajah in my case. Jajah stores your call history under "my account"--> "call history" and you can redial from there.
    I tried two calls of jajah yesterday. I could only made the call with the PC browser. With blazer, it got stuck in the calling animation and incoming call went to the mail box lol.

I found a couple cheaper cards btw. ecallchina.com for example.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12