1.    #1  
    I haven't kept up with TreoCentral in a while, but am looking to update my phone. Is the 700p the latest/greatest? I read a while back there would be a Windows version but after looking at the specs of the 700, I see that it's still on PalmOS.

Is this phone a good investment now? I loved my 600 and 650 because of the keyboard and usability. I tried the crappy O2 Atom for a while and can't stand that POS.

Also, where can I get a 700 for cheap without subscribing to phone service?
    700 p sprint
    700w verizon (windows)
    If you just read through the most recent threads you will get your answers.
    the 700p is the greatest
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  3.    #3  
    Oh darn! I can't use Sprint, because I am going to use it in China. So I'm stuck with the 240x240 resolution then?
    no, the 700p is on verizon too, i am in the same boat as you, i didnt know which to get, but after reading through the forums i am going with the 700p, from my "close analysis" i have come to believe the 700p is better in overall functionality and availabilty of 3rd party programs. HOLLA
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Both the 700p and 700w are CDMA phones. So make sure where your going supports CDMA. There is no GSM treo 700 which maybe what you are looking for.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    A GSM Treo newer than the 650 isn't expected till 3rd quarter.