Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. nwr
    I hope this helps. I have been using Jabra Jx-10 for about 1 month now and no problems at all with the 700p.
    I purchased from the Palm Store there new Palm Bluetooth Ultralight(ie Plantronics 645) and after 2 days of constant battles of loosing the bluetooth connection and having the headset not answer the call, it is going back. Same problems exist for new Ultralight as 645 even though Palm shows it on there apporved list for Verizon for the 700p. So far, Jabra Jx-10 is the only one that I have found that works.
    cool thanks!
    I've heard the sound from the other end is not as clear when using the JX10 microphone. Have you gotten any complaints about that?
    That's been my biggest concern.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am truly impressed by the completely split opinions on all this BT headsets. It seems pretty clear that one needs to just try it out and see how it works with own use....
    i'm returning my jx-10 today. i don't like the hiss sound i hear from the dsp. people on the other end have a difficult time hearing me if i'm not in a totally quiet place. also got static very easily if the phone didn't have a clear site of the jx10.

for $100+, I didn't think it was worth it.

the size is incredible, though.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    the jx10 sucks, mainly because the mic is so poor.

used it for a week...going back.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I am truly impressed by the completely split opinions on all this BT headsets. It seems pretty clear that one needs to just try it out and see how it works with own use....
    Yeah I feel the same way. I tested and returned several BT headsets till I found one that worked with my 650 (plantronics 510). Unfortunately, that one doesn't work well with the 700 so now I have to go through the same thing all over again.

I would have really thought Palm should have done a better job on BT the second time around. Bummer....
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I use the JX-10. While, I admit there is a noticeable hiss, it doesn't bother me at all. Kind of reminds of "comfort" noise the old phones used that had noise suppression. The hiss is more in the background and doesn't interfere with my calls.

However, I do notice that occassionally it does lose connectivity with the Treo. It would sync back up eventually, but it's not instantaneous like my old 650 and the Palm headset.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My JX-10 connects great. Every now and then the bluetooth on the phone turns off and I don't know it until the phone rings. I can hear great and the thing is easy to wear. The deal breaker for me is the outgoing sound. My wife will not talk to me on it because of the echo. If I turn down the sound to reduce to echo I can not hear as well. Anyone else having this much trouble with echo on the Jabra JX-10? This is the fourth JX-10 unit I have tried.
    yeah, I am having the same echo and "tunnel" complaints with the JX-10. I am having some complaints with the 645 but not as many.

If it weren't for the disconnects the 645 would be awesome. I'm just waiting for the ROM update......
  11. nwr
    Yes. Occasionally people say I sound like I am talking on a cheap headset. If there is a lot of background noise the dsp must do something to the mic. I have not had disconnect problems with the JX-10. The botton line is that if you want to use a BT headset this is the only one that works now. People did say that palm ultralight and also Plantronics 645 sounded better but if it looses its connection regularly what good is it.
    Yeah, I'll admit the DSP on the JX-10 is less than ideal. It works in low-noise areas, but it can't filter out background noise in high-noise areas. But it works well, otherwise.
    I have the Jabra as well, and have had quite a few complaints from people I was taking to who said I sounded like I was under water. If I shut off the headset and re-started it, everything was fine again. The general consensus was that it didn't sound as good as the mic on the phone though...

Regarding the hiss and echo issues... I have been using one of the older style Jabra eargels on the earpiece instead of the earhook that comes with it, and this solves both issues. It rolls enough high end off so that the hiss can't be heard, and it directs the sound into the ear and away from the mic (not to mention that it is always plenty loud).
    Could it be that the echo is coming from the Treo mic? My daughter was complaining about an echo earlier and I disconnected the headset and reconnected it with it's button and then the echo was gone. I'll have to try that again. Anyone else?
    Maybe using a product like VolumeCare will allow you to lower the microphone level to mitigate the echo effect?
    The mic on the Treo has nothing to do with echo coming from a BT headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The mic on the Treo has nothing to do with echo coming from a BT headset.
    Well, I haven't had the chance to test the theory again so I don't know.

I'll tell you that your unsubstantiated certainty is not convincing. You may be right but I've found that people who make absolute statements with no explanation are very frequently full of it. Nothing personal. You might want to tell us how you have come to this certainty.
    The mic isn't active when you're using BT, just as the earpiece isn't active either. Please explain how the inactive mic on a phone that's 10 feet away from you can induce echo on your BT headset. It's laughable.

The echo is common on smaller headsets like the JX10 and the AX/AX2 because the mic ON THE HEADSET is so close to the speaker. When the speaker is turned up high, some volume escapes the ear canal and is picked up by the mic ON THE HEADSET which is what produces the echo.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Could it be that the echo is coming from the Treo mic? My daughter was complaining about an echo earlier and I disconnected the headset and reconnected it with it's button and then the echo was gone. I'll have to try that again. Anyone else?
    The best way to eliminate echo for the JX-10 is to buy the Jabra Ear Gels, and use those instead of the ear hook. The correct size Ear Gel makes a seal and directs the sound directly into your ear canal. No only can you turn the volume DOWN and still hear perfectly, but the sound does not escape the ear to be picked up by the microphone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    My last phone was a 650 and I now have the 700p. I'm wondering is the sound quality using a BT headset better with other phones? I have a jx10 and I've gone back to using a wired headset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast