Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Seidio 2400mAh Extended Battery for Treo 700p? Does it actually last longer? I'm tempted to get one, given the short battery life with the standard issue battery. However, I'm concerned that this newer battery may fry the 700P!
    Yes - it works - lasts longer
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I have had a terrible experience with the Seidio Extended Battery. It doesn't last that much longer than the standard and more important, it doesn't fit. The battery cover has to be forced closed and the battery contacts on the extended do not line up correctly which causes constant reserts. I tried several batteries and they were all the same. Don't waste your money. The extended is too big for the battery module in the treo. It has to be forced into its slot. Just get an extra standard battery and keep it charged. I use my phone 24/7 and 1 charge ususlly lasts a couple of days.
    I have the Seidio battery and it works great. There is a noticeable improvement in battery life and I have not had any problems with it whatsoever.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I have it and I'm still testing. It does seem to give better life but yesterday the Treo dropped 40% charge overnight while not going anything (phone off). It just barely fits. The cover is a tight squeeze. To be honest, if I had known the fit was this tight I would not have bought it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I wonder if the battery fit issue is a Verizon one? The extended battery fits with no problems on my Sprint 700p.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I wonder if the battery fit issue is a Verizon one? The extended battery fits with no problems on my Sprint 700p.
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif No problems with the fit on my Sprint 700p.
    Sprint 700p here. Original battery was too weak. I ordered the Seidio 2400 after a day or two. It's snug, but I use the Seidio cover w/ reset hole + a skin case, so I don't ever take it out. I charge each night to keep it topped off, but could go two days (and have) with average to above-average usage. I use Snapper, Blazer, and/or 4cast about 10-20 times a day w/ a 2-6 calls on average. I'm usually at 70% or better when I put it in the innodock each night.

Geez. I feel like a Seidio rep after typing that out. Once they release the CrystalCase my 700p will be completely Seidio-fied.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Question has come up a few times:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=109840
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105457
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105568

There's also 3 or 4 threads on the other extended batteries, the 2200 and 2000 mAH versions.
    Don't know but with the normal battery you get a good click when closing the battery cover. With the Seidio, you have to push down on the cover a bit to get it to close at all. But if you put your fingernail on the top edge and push the cover will pop off. You have to really push on the left (when looking at the back) side and close it to get a very soft click. Even then sometimes you can pop the cover off. I do think the standard battery is a little too loose, but the Seidio is definitely too tight on mine.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I am tempted to get the extended battery myself, but the fact that the voltage isn't the same really bugs me. I am still waiting hoping some other party will come out with an extended battery that is the same voltage as the stock battery.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It fits and works very well for my Verizon T700p.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    When I first ordered and installed the Seidio extended battery, I didn't notice much difference in battery life from the standard battery. Then one day, when the battery was fully charged, I did a hard reset (for other reasons) to reload my Treo. That process takes less than a minute, but what I noticed after that was that my battery level had dropped from 100% to 79%. It seems like the 700P didn't realize it had a higher capacity battery in it and only charged it to or just above the level of the standard battery. A full charge after the hard reset, resulted in noticeably better battery life than before. Now my 700P gets a lot closer to the battery life I had on my GSM 600. I also love the snug fit of this slightly thicker battery, because it doesn't allow the battery cover to rattle.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I just received my 2400 yesterday. Its too early to report on the battery life - I certainly don't want to do hard reset - I can't imagine that the OS would effect the battery charge - I remember on the old Palms that there was a setting you could toggle for various types of batteries that would change how the battery status bar "reported" on the charge remaining, though it didn't impact the actual battery life.

I will say that the fit of my battery isn't appreciably different from my stock battery...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    It seems like the 700P didn't realize it had a higher capacity battery in it and only charged it to or just above the level of the standard battery. A full charge after the hard reset, resulted in noticeably better battery life than before. Now my 700P gets a lot closer to the battery life I had on my GSM 600. I also love the snug fit of this slightly thicker battery, because it doesn't allow the battery cover to rattle.
    Yes, I would expect that you have to do a complete full discharge and then recharge to recalibrate the charging circuit and battery and thereby get the full capacity of the battery. I am surprised that Seidio didn't include something to this effect in the packaging.
    I love it works great - you need to cycle it - drain the battery until completely dead and then recharge fully - a few times of doing this will make it last longer.

Oh ya and the added thickness is awesome - now the back cover fits real snug with NO gap causing it to squeak!

No problems with mine and Vz 700p.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I can't imagine that the OS would effect the battery charge
    Every Lithium Ion battery I have ever bought has had something in the package saying to completely discharge it and then recharge it on 1st usage. The battery meter bases the 0 point on a reading it pulls when the thing last died. It can determine where the thing is full....so it sets the difference between the two at 100%...... As the battery ages.....that distance gets smaller however the battery meter can't read it cause it doesn't know one of the end points.

When you do a full discharge / recharge, it gets both endpoints and can recalibrate the meter. You have seen those posts where peeps say I have 100% when I leave my offcie at 8 am, at 12 noon I have 70%, at 4 pom I have 40% and at 5 pm, I am dead ....what happened.....an uncalibrated battery happened.

Here's a tool that one can us to track battery status. Of course while it's running, it is going to affect battery life itself.

http://palm.jeroenwitteman.com/BatteryGraph/
    I have the Seidio battery in use for about 1 month or more now. It is on red, ie extremely low, by each night when I get home. I wake up and take it off the charger around 6:30 am and then it's completely wasted around 9:00 pm or earlier. I suspect the main user of the energy is Chatteremail but I can't be certain. I rarely use the actual phone but do have a lot of email and some SMS's. My total phone use for each day is well below 60 minutes / day. The performance of the stock battery was nearly identical.
    Push e-mail will do that to ya....tho the 2400 should lasta third longer than teh stock battery.....did you do the suggested complete drain / recharge when first putting it in ?

IIRC, for best life , thyey like to store Li-Ion batteries in cool places witha bout a 40-60% charge.....ya meter may be off if ya stuck it in like that and charged it w/o letting the device ever see what 0 is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast