Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    has this issue been fixed yet. Basically I don't see any option to sort my contacts other than by last name first . Really hard to find contacts this way. If there's a fix..please someone post to the FAQ as well after this
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt
    has this issue been fixed yet. Basically I don't see any option to sort my contacts other than by last name first . Really hard to find contacts this way. If there's a fix..please someone post to the FAQ as well after this
    Nope, no way to do it. You could just type the first letters of the contacts name. It makes it rather easy for me that way.
    TakePhone does it.
    Beat me to it. Ben
    Agendus
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Address XT does this also. I had to have my contacts listed by first name and now I do. Very easy to use.
    TakePhone will list the name as First Last, but will still sort by last name. However, if you combine it with Address XT, it will display and sort by first name.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Agendus
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    can't you just enter the names in the opposite slots.

example:
    Lastname:bill
    Firstname:cosby
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    can't you just enter the names in the opposite slots.

example:
    Lastname:bill
    Firstname:cosby
    this would totally messup you outlook.

i just type the name, i have too many in there to scroll through.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I don't use outlook...just a suggestion
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    so would you say that address XT is the closest to the original contacts application embedded within the Treo 700p?
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt
    so would you say that address XT is the closest to the original contacts application embedded within the Treo 700p?
    Why the big need for First, then Last? I felt the same way as you @ first, but I learned to live with it. All you have to do is enter the the first 2 letters of a person's name, such as "Bob Smith', you would enter 'BS'.
    just put the first and last name on the same line. put it on the First Name line.

voila.
    I use Agendus ,works great
    with voice-dial - you have to enter last name, first name in contacts - then tell it first name , last name to dial - if you do the opposite - it won't find the contact.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    This option is also their on the Treo 650. However, it does not work for me. I have Company names as well and in those with a contact include (first, last name or both). Typing in the first few letter only locks in on either of the name fields but not the Company. Even though that is supposed to be a priority it is ignored. I called Palm about it as well and they said it works on theirs. I got another new replacement 650. Same thing though. Drives me bannas. I have been using Palm since first release and my last stand alone works fine for this function.

Why not in the Treo. Why do I have to go out and buy someone elses contact manager because of this bug.
    this is quite frustrating!!
    Blessed beyond measure!
    Initiate will sort them by First,Last; Last,First; or Business, L, F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03 View Post
    just put the first and last name on the same line. put it on the First Name line.

voila.
    That's what I was going to suggest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast