1.    #1  
    I have both my cars’ factory stereos hardwired for my iPod – sounds great. I would like to be able to attach my Treo through this iPod adapter so I could get sound into the car stereo and charge the Treo at the same time. I am not concerned about “controlling” the Treo from the car stereo, ie: fast forward, track search, etc.

I know I can do this with FM transmitters and an auxiliary input into my stereo, but I want to use my cable for my iPod. Again, I just want to simply run my Treo through my car stereo via my hardwired iPod adapter.

Basically, I need an adapter that goes from the cable for the iPod to the Treo.

I did my homework and searched TreoCentral before I posted this. I did find a similar product for hardwiring Treos to a car stereo, but I do not want to install anymore cables to my factory stereos.

FYI: http://gromaudio.com/palm.html, if you are interested.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Russell
    you could build your own cable todo this. If you know how to handle a soldering iron and can get a hold of the right connectors you can geek out and create a pin to pin adaptor.

You'll need the pinout of the Treo and iPod, some time, make sure that the power is the same (idk if the ipod adaptor uses the USB pins or the wall powe pins), and some luck! I've never see this product, but i've thought about it before (adaptors to go from iPod connector to new-ish palm connector that's on all treo's, Tungstens, and life drives.

Good luck!

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I will doubt that iPod adatper will charge Palm. In all cases I've seen it uses +10V whereas Palm uses +5.
    In regard to the audio part, it is pretty simple. You can find pinout for the iPod anywhere and pinout for Palm was discussed here on this site. You'll need some soldering skills for that.
    Good luck.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    easiest way is to use the "headphone Jack" use an adapter from 2.5 to 3.5 mm. my car stereo has a jack to plug in a 3.5mm audio device. i use the cable i bought for that for ipods, my treo, mp3 player, even a portable cassette player for those rare occasions i have a book on tape.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it