Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Looking into getting a BT headset thatís fully compatible on the cheap.
    I understand that the Treo branded headset is just a re-brand from another mfg. Who makes this and what model is it a re-brand ofÖJabra BT330??? Moto HS820??? Other?? Which, if any, seem to be the most compatible for my 700p?
  2. #2  
    The Treo branded basic BT headset is working great on my Treo 700p and I got it for $55 at the TreoCentral Store.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    The Treo branded basic BT headset is working great on my Treo 700p and I got it for $55 at the TreoCentral Store.
    OK...but which model is the TWH a copy of???
  4. #4  
    MilenkoD

    I believe the PalmOne TWH is a third party headset with a little tweak so it works well on the Treos. I cannot remember which poster provided this insight way back when I was doing what you're doing (about a year ago, looking for a BT headset) but they were someone 'in the know' about these things and my experience supports their statement.
    This doesn't answer your question re: whose headset is it but it does point out that only the TWH has (may have) the customized 'tweak' to make it work well.

    I've seen the TWH for sale here and on eBay for $20 - $40 so keep looking.

    Good Luck!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs11
    MilenkoD

    I believe the PalmOne TWH is a third party headset with a little tweak so it works well on the Treos. ......
    I've seen the TWH for sale here and on eBay for $20 - $40 so keep looking.
    Good Luck!
    That's good to know about being tweaked to work correctly for the Treo. There are several headsets out there that I want but reading through the posts, I see that certain headsets that are reported to function perfect for some are problematic for others...hit or miss. The TWH seems to have 0 issues with everyone who's commented about it.

    Off to eBay I go
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    OK...but which model is the TWH a copy of???

    Sorry-don't know.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. #7  
    Not only is it tweaked from the nearest Jabra sibling but it also shares the same power plug as the Treo so you on;ly need to carry one charger around. Wanna get an idea of just how good it is ..... although I found this terribly annoying.

    I am out on a jobsite this morning supervising concrete pour for a 68 unit condo. I have a question for my structural engineer so I call him using my 650. He calls me back and I see his name on screen, I hit ANSWER and start talking....I hera no response ... "hello....Hello....Hello".....after a few WTH's, I look at teh screen and I see the BT headset icon.

    I am 96 feet (yes, I measured) from my vehicle at the closest point of my pacing and the TWH is still paired w/ my Treo. On top of that, the TWH is inside a overhead sunglasses case over the rear view mirror built into the headliner which is of course inside the vehicle made up of mostly metal.

    I tapped the icon to unpair and while it was annoying, I was pretty impressed with the 100' range. I have never actually tried to have a conversation tho at more than 32'.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not only is it tweaked from the nearest Jabra sibling but it also shares the same power plug as the Treo so you on;ly need to carry one charger around. Wanna get an idea of just how good it is ..... although I found this terribly annoying.

    I am out on a jobsite this morning supervising concrete pour for a 68 unit condo. I have a question for my structural engineer so I call him using my 650. He calls me back and I see his name on screen, I hit ANSWER and start talking....I hera no response ... "hello....Hello....Hello".....after a few WTH's, I look at teh screen and I see the BT headset icon.

    I am 96 feet (yes, I measured) from my vehicle at the closest point of my pacing and the TWH is still paired w/ my Treo. On top of that, the TWH is inside a overhead sunglasses case over the rear view mirror built into the headliner which is of course inside the vehicle made up of mostly metal.

    I tapped the icon to unpair and while it was annoying, I was pretty impressed with the 100' range. I have never actually tried to have a conversation tho at more than 32'.
    Impressive! Does it have a way to cyle the power so it's utomatically un-paired? One thing I like about the Motorolla is that the mini boom flips out to turn on the unit...however they look too "dorky" for my tastes.
  9. #9  
    I just hit the icon on the dial pad which has the headset pitcured with the red x in it. I then walked another 50' away and problem was gone .
  10. #10  
    MilenkoD

    Darn! I forgot to mention ('cause I forgot, being aged) the convenience of a single charger for both devices.

    I had also triied the Moto with the flip boom thinking it could ride in the wife's vehicle and I'd simply open the boom when I needed it. Two things; 1) the Moto wouldn't reliably re-pair with the Treo (or...more accurately, methinks... the Treo wouldn't re-pair with the Moto). Open boom, check, close/open boom, check, close/open.... you get the idea. Usually took 4-6 'openings' to pair. 2) the Moto didn't hold a charge with the boom closed. I've talked to a few people who have them, even strangers I meet on the street and everyone has the same experince. For them it's no big deal, they simply charge it up every night.

    Good Luck finding a TWH!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs11
    MilenkoD

    Darn! I forgot to mention ('cause I forgot, being aged) the convenience of a single charger for both devices.

    I had also triied the Moto with the flip boom thinking it could ride in the wife's vehicle and I'd simply open the boom when I needed it. Two things; 1) the Moto wouldn't reliably re-pair with the Treo (or...more accurately, methinks... the Treo wouldn't re-pair with the Moto). Open boom, check, close/open boom, check, close/open.... you get the idea. Usually took 4-6 'openings' to pair. 2) the Moto didn't hold a charge with the boom closed. I've talked to a few people who have them, even strangers I meet on the street and everyone has the same experince. For them it's no big deal, they simply charge it up every night.

    Good Luck finding a TWH!
    Great, that what I wanted to know..now eliminated as a choice.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs11
    Good Luck finding a TWH!
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not only is it tweaked from the nearest Jabra sibling but it also shares the same power plug as the Treo so you on;ly need to carry one charger around. Wanna get an idea of just how good it is ..... although I found this terribly annoying.

    I am out on a jobsite this morning supervising concrete pour for a 68 unit condo. I have a question for my structural engineer so I call him using my 650. He calls me back and I see his name on screen, I hit ANSWER and start talking....I hera no response ... "hello....Hello....Hello".....after a few WTH's, I look at teh screen and I see the BT headset icon.

    I am 96 feet (yes, I measured) from my vehicle at the closest point of my pacing and the TWH is still paired w/ my Treo. On top of that, the TWH is inside a overhead sunglasses case over the rear view mirror built into the headliner which is of course inside the vehicle made up of mostly metal.

    I tapped the icon to unpair and while it was annoying, I was pretty impressed with the 100' range. I have never actually tried to have a conversation tho at more than 32'.
    I did a test a week ago or so and I could hear the other person up to a distance of about 90 feet or so (yes, there was a lot of static but I could make sense of the other person). Very impressive...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Jack

    MilenkoD's OP stated 'Looking ... on the cheap." In your wordly travels have you come across a used / discount site offering REAL Treo accessories. I've had great success at the TC store but suggested searching forums and eBay for private sales.
  15. #15  
    There's peeps on TC who have had 20 or 30 headsets...watch the marketplace section.

    $50 seems a pretty good price for a new unit with all the charger, box and warranty....You could spend a couple of hourse searching for soemthing cheaper but if ya time is worth even $10 an hour....I think ya gonna lose in the end.

    I don't do ebay.

Posting Permissions