Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    That's what I was going to do! Thanks for the advice. It seems to be working so far. But I do see icons for Versamail and Tutorial and Realplayer.
    Let me dbl ck w/ james.
    I thought it was stripped.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm so sorry.
    All this time I thought it was a stripped down.

Hopefully you're ok until I locate for you what you want.

Otherwise all is Okay?
    Just call me Berd.
    Its working fine so far! I hate to jinx it!

If there is a good stripped down one with FM blazer that I can install over it that would be great!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Its working fine so far! I hate to jinx it!

If there is a good stripped down one with FM blazer that I can install over it that would be great!
    Alright, good.

Why don't you run what you have for a few days, to see if you prefer ENA.
    Just call me Berd.
    What does ENA stand for? So far the only differences I see are the startup screen is non-branded, Cingular's email logo is gone, and the 4 gig card works.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I have already downloaded the ROM.However,I noticed that it was not stripped.I think that,from what I've read in the thread,you have been made aware of that fact.Ok.I could go ahead and strip it of Versamail,Tutorial,Realplayer and Clock and put some of my preferred applications in it.I only wish to know if it has the FM Blaser.If so,I shall put applications in it and build it to about 6.8MB.Is that ok? Thanks in advance.
    My hotsynch cable is not working at all. I have a Seidio cable but not the one with the hotsynch button on it. Is there anyway to use the RomTool and do the download/upload of the ROM, etc. using the Seidio cable without the hotsynch button?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    To answer all the questions I think. The CNGtoENA is stripped of all lang's but english. This makes it fit in the 7.1 partition. So it is close to the original ENA as far as what is included with fixes IE SMS icons etc. Using this you will get the right partition size and I know it works. To then strip it or customize it use the ROM Tool and my lists in the Tips and Tricks. I only rcommend doing SD updaters to upgrade the modem firmware or changing partition size. Once the partition is the right size just use the ROM Tool only so you reduce the chance of bricking your Treo. As far as the CarrierDB thing goes it is a null subject as there is a new 270 version that has to loaded in RAM anyway.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    To answer all the questions I think. The CNGtoENA is stripped of all lang's but english. This makes it fit in the 7.1 partition. So it is close to the original ENA as far as what is included with fixes IE SMS icons etc. Using this you will get the right partition size and I know it works. To then strip it or customize it use the ROM Tool and my lists in the Tips and Tricks. I only rcommend doing SD updaters to upgrade the modem firmware or changing partition size. Once the partition is the right size just use the ROM Tool only so you reduce the chance of bricking your Treo. As far as the CarrierDB thing goes it is a null subject as there is a new 270 version that has to loaded in RAM anyway.
    A new 270 version?
    newer than 255?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ming
    I have already downloaded the ROM.However,I noticed that it was not stripped.I think that,from what I've read in the thread,you have been made aware of that fact.Ok.I could go ahead and strip it of Versamail,Tutorial,Realplayer and Clock and put some of my preferred applications in it.I only wish to know if it has the FM Blaser.If so,I shall put applications in it and build it to about 6.8MB.Is that ok? Thanks in advance.
    James is recommending that from this time out to use the RomTool.
    I know some of you are still hesitant, but the RomTool is so easy, and the safest way to customize.
    Read James Instructions & my thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108580

And you'll be in a much better position for all future customizing you desire.
    Just call me Berd.
    I didn't notice any additional free RAM from installing the 1.20ENA, but maybe that's just me.
    I didn't notice any additional free RAM from installing the 1.20ENA, but maybe that's just me.
    If you had a 7.1 cing partition before you won't see an increase. It is if you stated with the ENA 8+ partion and go to a 7.1 you see the increase.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    A new 270 version?
    newer than 255?
    Yes is is newer, There are a few posts about it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=84

MFB:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=231

I didn't mess with the partition....just loaded the ROM updater from post 2 right over my 1.17CNG.

I really don't want to mess with taking things out of the ROM myself, but would rather stick to the tried and true ROM's. I have to say that the 1.20 seems a lot more stable than 1.17 did. No soft resets at all since I installed it yesterday...knock on wood.
    I didn't mess with the partition....just loaded the ROM updater from post 2 right over my 1.17CNG.

I really don't want to mess with taking things out of the ROM myself, but would rather stick to the tried and true ROM's. I have to say that the 1.20 seems a lot more stable than 1.17 did. No soft resets at all since I installed it yesterday...knock on wood.
    I honestly feel it's the best fw/sw available.
    And I have just about tried them all.
    Just call me Berd.
    ...clip...
    I only wish to know if it has the FM Blaser.
    ...clip...
    No, I believe it does not.
    I remember james saying he doesn't use FM Blazer.

...clip...
    I shall put applications in it and build it to about 6.8MB.Is that ok?
    ...clip...
    Stripping out what you don't want is good.
    You can put a few things back in Rom, but don't fill it back up.
    It gives you more dbcache (stability).
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12