1.    #1  
    besides profiles which is too much control im looking to simply turn off volume at night and back to normal in the morning all i see out there doesa too much controll. any ideas
    Last edited by spanky32; 07/11/2006 at 08:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Flip the switch on top of your Treo????
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Flip the switch on top of your Treo????
    LOL
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    can the treo do that by itself at say 1am then again at say 7am i gotta read the manual i missed that part???? just funning ya.
    Profiles

There are a few threads on here about it as well. Basically lets you configure any number of different profiles, then select them at will or on a schedule, event, etc.. I have my Treo turn off all sound and the backlighting all the way down at midnight so if anything goes off in the middle of the night, it doesn't disturb me. 6 hours later, it returns to my normal "Home" state. At 8 it changes to "work" which basically just lowers all the sounds, at 5 it returns to the home state, etc..

I also have a Car profile which everything is loud, a Night Car profile which is loud but screen is turned down, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky32
    besides profiles which is too much control im looking to simply turn off volume at night and back to normal in the morning all i see out there doesa too much controll. any ideas
    there is a new app called CrazyAlarms which you can set a alarm to OFF and turn ON during the day or everyday. it has other features such as turning off the radio etc...

here is the link www.toysoft.ca/crazyalarms.html
    I use Treo Alarm to turn off my phone at 11pm and on again at 8 am....it also downloads the weather each morning and sounds a wake up alarm.

http://www.treoalarm.com/
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    can the treo do that by itself at say 1am then again at say 7am i gotta read the manual i missed that part???? just funning ya.
    Spanky edited his question, 1st question was pretty much "how do you turn the sound off?" (not much else)
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky32
    I use RingProfiles. Very stable and easy to use, it is pretty much like the switch on my old nokia 3390 which allows you to select a profile manually. You can control ALL sounds with this, except bluetooth and the brightness of the keyboard.

I tried Profiles and ProfileCare, and I find they are too much for my simple needs. Of course, RingProfiles is not free and I sure wish we could add a profile "Car" with Bluetooth enable, but for now it fulfill my needs.
    - Jeeman
    I use Profiles and love it. Press and hold the option button, set it to Silent for 8 hours during the work day, it automatically goes to Normal profile after the 8 hours. I do the same when in a movie theater and restaurant. Works like one of my Nokia's. Profiles should have been included in ROM.

I NEVER use the silent switch at the top because I always forget to put it back.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.