Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "Phone updater" app launched after my most recent hot sync/reset.

"Your phone must now be configured for Vision services."
    "Preparing vision services."

Anyone else getting this? Are these OTA updates to the OS perhaps?

It takes approx. 10+ minutes for the whole thing to run.
    Hasn't happened to me. Was this a one-time thing? Possibly something went screwy during the reset and caused the Treo to lose some Vision information?
    You know something funny happened to me like that too. I hotsync'd yesterday my phone was left alone, and it suddenly re-set by itself, I pressed ##377# it stated crash due to WEB. The updater when on, but it said Error 67, can't sign on, if this persist contact Sprint. I did, it erased ALL my login info (HA address, Sign On Name, Sign On Password) So I had to call Sprint to get ALL the info back on, after 30 mins, I was able to go back on the web. Kind of wierd...made NO changes though.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It may have been a crash on the system. I was getting the error 67 and couldn't sign on to power vision last night. After 20 minutes waiting for customer service that knew nothing, and another 15 waiting for techical support, it came back on its own.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I got the same problem almost two weeks ago, and as said in the before post...after talking to tech support, who said there are issues in my area...it came back to normal and connected 20 minutes later.
    at&t iPhone3G
    So now the 700p resets due to network issues ??

Sheesh...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    same problem here last night, error 67. then my phone reset and got stuck in the dreaded infinite reset loop so i had to hard reset. ugh.
    You probably lost some Vision setting wich can be due to anything you can just reprovision your phone again , type ##3882# press the meny key and select UPDATE VISION PROFILE... hope this helps
    thanks. wish i knew that yesterday but will keep this in mind in the future...that reset loop was annoying though! i did ##377# and found out it was due to On Demand? so i trashed the program since i don't use it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    thanks. wish i knew that yesterday but will keep this in mind in the future...that reset loop was annoying though! i did ##377# and found out it was due to On Demand? so i trashed the program since i don't use it anyway.
    I trashed it a week after I got my phone...plus its a memory hog.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Hmm i must be the only one that thinks OnDemand is useful for Sports Stats, and Weather, its the only thing i use it for , i moved all the channels to the Card so its not much of a mem hog
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    Hmm i must be the only one that thinks OnDemand is useful for Sports Stats, and Weather, its the only thing i use it for , i moved all the channels to the Card so its not much of a mem hog
    Good idea...actually when I dumped it, I realized that all the extensions with OD was where the meat of the space was, being that the actual app didn't take up much space.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Apparently there was a nationwide error 67 power vision outage last night, which explains all the error 67's. It was working fine at 10PM PST though.
    That's what sucked when it re-set it erased all the settings, so I wasn't able to reprovision it. It took a while with the tech, but we had to put all codes & numbers in one by one. Plus, I wrote them all down, if I should ever want to change things, fix them, or test them?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I trashed it a week after I got my phone...plus its a memory hog.
    How do u trash on demand??? details please...
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    How do u trash on demand??? details please...
    I used Uninstall Manager to delete it...It will prompt you about a certain file being on ROM, but just continue and it deletes it. I had to delete the channels and or extensions manually though, which is where most of the space came from. You can delete those under info or using Filz. Its easy since all of the files start with the prefix OD. The OD app itself doesn't take up much space after deletion..its the extension files. After a couple of sync's it doesn't pop up anymore and I got my wasted space back in my memory and I have been happy. I don't have any use for it and don't want to pay for the premium use of it, so I don't miss it. Since a core part of it is on the ROM...it will come back with a hard reset if you decide you want it back.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    cool thanks... that bad boy is history...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    So now the 700p resets due to network issues ??

Sheesh...
    No. I installed an application that required a reset after I installed it.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I love OnDemand's 411 service. The maps are pretty cool too. I've used DA in the past, but I prefer the OnDemand UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Since a core part of it is on the ROM...it will come back with a hard reset if you decide you want it back.
    Boy, I can't wait until the "custom ROM" app is working well on the 700p. It's just ridiculous the amount of unnecessary trash that they've put into this beast: On Demand (Handmark Express), Downloads, Software (Add It), an outdated version of Docs to Go, etc.

Didn't they have any room left on the CD to make it "optional"? Especially the applications certain to be updated and the ones that fill up your RAM with garbage files every reset!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast