1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Long time lurker here!

I have a Cingular Treo 650 that I have recently unlocked. I followed the instructions and updated my Treo with the CNG_to_ENA.zip update, and am now running firmware 1.71 and software Treo650-1.20-ENA. So far, I've been very happy with the update!

I did have a question about Notepad. I am very familiar with Notepad, as my previous Palm was a Tungsten|C. I used to use Notepad religiously, and was disappointed to see that it wasn't included in the original Treo suite. I see that is has been added in this update, but am having some issue with the Notepad alarm feature. I have tried to set an alarm on a note, but it will not produce the alarm sound like it should. My palm will turn on to notify me of the alarm, but there is no sound. I have verified that my sound settings are correct, because the alarm will work in the calendar.

Is this an issue with the update, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mooker
  2.    #2  
    Anybody? I really want to use Notepad, but I need the audible alarm feature.
    diddlebug is very similar, and the alarm function works. it reminded me to pay my credit card bill this morning. check it out.

http://diddlebug.sourceforge.net/
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply creamy3. I have tried other software like Diddlebug, Bugme, and others that I can't remember the name of. I was hoping to get Notepad working with the alarm feature, because it's my favorite program out of all of them. Has any other 650 users (who have upgraded to the 1.71/120 update that jamesgangut provided) had the same problem in Notepad of the alarms not working?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mooker
    Anybody? I really want to use Notepad, but I need the audible alarm feature.
    Sounds like you have the System Volume set to Off, which effectively mutes the Notepad & Tasks alarm sound. Goto Preference/Sound&Alerts/General & set the System Volume to 4, this will regain your Notepad & Tasks alarm sound.

If you need to silence the keyboard clicks/beeps etc without effecting your Notepad & Tasks alarm sound, get SysVoume from:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...chmentid=11761

Its freeware.

6.    #6  
    Thanks, stevengoh! You got it exactly. I had PMed jamesgangut back and forth a few times, and he also said the same thing. What confused me was that I had always had my system volume off (even since my Palm III days), but the calendar alarm would still sound, so I figured that the same applied to the Notepad. As a workaround, I had YAHM installed with the SuppressKeyClickSound hack, but I much prefer SysVolume! Works like a charm.

Mooker
    Does this Notepad 2.3 sync with the desktop? can someone post just the notepad files?
    Just a question... What does notepad do that tasks doesn't? Aside from being able to draw, what other thing does it do better than tasks?