1.    #1  
    So I have heard the audio jack has a few problems on the TREO but this is rediculous.

I have a one day old TREO. I plugged my stereo headphones in to listen to ptunes. For some reason the output was only mono. I unplugged them 10 seconds later. Now the TREO won't output ptunes to the speaker!!! I can plug the headphones back in and get MONO but thats it.

I have soft reset several times without any luck. The "phone" functions still work through the earpiece and speakerphone.

I have had an i730 for over a year without a single problem, so this is a little disturbing.

On a side note Sprint TV worked for a few hours but now just causes a soft reset every time I try to start it. I have not installed anything, nor do I have any email set up. Just bone stock set-up.

I thought the people having problems were doing advanced things with their TREO's. I still have my i730 and given these initial bumps I am eyeing it on my desk and wondering if I may have made a mistake. I LOVE the form factor, but more importantly need a phone that works.

Am I in the minority here, or even with a stock set-up are people having problems with the 700p?
  2.    #2  
    SO I caved and did a Hard Reset.

Results:
    Sprint TV works again BUT same audio problem as with pTunes, only audio output through haedset on MONO. If you unplug the headset no audio at all. Same fro ptunes still too.

Not too impressed right now. This seems like pretty basic stuff for a 600$ device to be having problems with.
    what headset do u have?
  4.    #4  
    I am just using the stereo ear buds, with mic that came with my i730
  5.    #5  
    OK I fixed the speaker phone issue, but the headphones will still only work in mono?
    Is the stock treo jack, stereo enabled? or do I need some adaptor?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek
    OK I fixed the speaker phone issue, but the headphones will still only work in mono?
    Is the stock treo jack, stereo enabled? or do I need some adaptor?

Check out this thread...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115611

Did you try the stereo earbuds that came with the Treo 700p? Those should work.

I have been trying to find stereo headsets other than ear buds that work and haven't found any options yet.

JC
    The Insten 2-in-1 adapter for the Treo 650 works with the 700P. You can get these for around $4.00 online.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you so much for the link. So basically the treo jack is proprietary (or close to it)
    I will try the included headphones, but it seems pretty clear that they will work in stereo and others won't.
    I assume an adaptor will be out shortly. Rather annoying though. I have never heard of this with other phones. So much to love about the TREO, so much not to love about the TREO
    Let me see if I understand. If buy an adapter from say a Radio Shack just to fit the standard jack size of my Sony earbuds, it will only produce sound in mono? Is that right?

Will this upcoming stereo adapter also fit the standard jack size?
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW