1.    #1  
    I installed TCPMP .72RC1 on my Verizon 700p with the MP3, MPEG4, and MPEG1 plugins loaded, but I can not play an .avi file. I can open the file, but the moment I press play, my Treo resets. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'm guessing that you don't have installed the plugin for the codec used to encode the video. Check the avi properties to identify the codec then go find the TCPMP plugin.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    The codecs above were all that were needed to watch the same .avi file on the 650 with the same version of TCPMP..
    OK, then...scratch my advice.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Try deleting the app and reloading it. I just loaded it on mine and I'm not having any problems. I did notice that .72RC1 doesn't have plugin support for AC3, which you might need for some DivX/AVI files.

Anyone know the difference between .71 and .72?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I know aac audio doesn't work after .65, so I use .65 it works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    I know aac audio doesn't work after .65, so I use .65 it works fine for me.
    you just need the aac plugin. I have it working with .72
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    I installed TCPMP .72RC1 on my Verizon 700p with the MP3, MPEG4, and MPEG1 plugins loaded, but I can not play an .avi file. I can open the file, but the moment I press play, my Treo resets. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'm running 0.71 with the exact same plugins you list and no resets for me.

ERic
    I'm running .72 with aac and ffmpeg plug-ins in addition, with no resets...knock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Have you guys been getting smooth playback on your files? I get occasional pauses during playback, and I'm wondering if everyone does.
  11.    #11  
    .71 works for me. I guess I'll stick with that until there's reason to upgrade in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by triacus
    Have you guys been getting smooth playback on your files? I get occasional pauses during playback, and I'm wondering if everyone does.
    I'm having the same problem you are. Files will play back and stutter a bit. Seems to have gotten worse recently - though I can't imagine why it would!

That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  13.    #13  
    I've found that anything happening in the background (retrieving mail, cell network communication, automatic backups - anything that uses processing power) will cause audio and video to skip and stutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    I've found that anything happening in the background (retrieving mail, cell network communication, automatic backups - anything that uses processing power) will cause audio and video to skip and stutter.
    Yeah...that figures. I added my MS Exchange Service about a month ago, and that's when the problems got worse.

Too bad - part of the fun of the phone is getting your emails when you want them.

LZ

**Update - I stopped my push email and the stuttering cleared up. I sure hope this is addressed in the next ROM update, because I really don't like shutting off email everytime I want to watch a Kool Moe Dee video!
    Last edited by LZMutant; 07/21/2006 at 02:40 AM.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p
    Try deleting the app and reloading it. I just loaded it on mine and I'm not having any problems. I did notice that .72RC1 doesn't have plugin support for AC3, which you might need for some DivX/AVI files.

Anyone know the difference between .71 and .72?
    If you're running .72, try installing the AC3 pluggin from this site
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Prior to installing that, I got an AC3 error message, but afterwards it worked like a charm!
    I have pxaclocker setup to run 512 MHz for TCPMP playback. It got rid of all ticks and skips, etc.

I am loving the "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

P.S. - It's the only app that I overclock.