Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok we all know that verizon has the best coverage, and you do get what you pay for. For example my cousin had 650 with sprint and he would step to the left be roaming then he would step backwards and get know service, me on the other hand can run in circles and still get service so he finally listen to me and got a 700p on the best network and has been thanking me ever since, I also told my father and his girlfriend and my mom and my cousin and his girlfriend and all had sprint didn't like it now the love verizon! Read the wireless mag from this or last month and they even tell you verizons the best. I admit sprint does have nicer phones first but I buy phone to talk on them not for video games. Plus I rather talk to a live rep and not a damn robot thanks. You couldn't pay me to use sprint!
    Last edited by stayfly; 08/28/2006 at 01:24 PM.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  2.    #42  
    you dont have to admit sprint has better phones...it doesnt...Verizon does, and they also get everything before sprint does. i love verizon
    yeah and that's why you Verizon peeps are crying about the 700wx..hahahahaha
  4.    #44  
    i dont here anyone complaining...i would be if i often posted in the w forums...but i chose the p over the w...no tears here
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    Ok we all know that verizon has the best coverage, and you do get what you pay for. !

Is this troll bait? I guess I am taking it. Here in Pittsburgh, Sprint and Verizon are equal. I have used all of the carriers here and would rank them in the order with Sprint and Verizon tied for first, Cingular third and T-mobile fourth. Blanket statements like yours just show that you've bought the advertising line of Verizon and have given all of your higher brain functions over to them. It's all about where you are. Verizon is great some places, lousy in others. The same goes for the other carriers. So, no we DON'T all know that Verizon has the best coverage. That is just your opinion, which you are entitled to. Your statement is not the "truth" although it does smack of "truthiness".
    Anyone have the phone number for the Verizon retentions department? I asked customer service, but they told me to email or write a letter... bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
    I'm giving my nod to Verizon for better call coverage. Granted, the last time I used Sprint was in 2000, but their coverage was irregular.
    Ummm, it's almost 2007... the trenchcoat guy has come and gone, but Verizon still has the thick glasses dude who walks around expressing deep insecurity that noone can hear him. The guy on the other end of the phone saying "yes," "yes," "YES!!!" to his stupid queries ought to be tired of it by now...

Pretty good bet that Sprint has put up a few towers in the last 7 years or so..

A few years ago I worked as a dispatcher for people who held phones from Sprint, Cingular, and Verizon in a major urban area. I can say with some authority that most phones worked most places, and every carrier (even the "gleaming" Verizon) had places that they didn't work - and other carriers did. It depended where you were going - and in the service industry we were all over town so sometimes the Verizon guy had to use a landline, sometimes the Sprint guy did, etc.. We dealt with it - get some perspective!!

Unless you'll lose your job or life if you can't get a dialtone 24/7, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 2 CDMA carriers except $$$. Hint: travel enough and you won't get a 24/7 signal.

And Verizon's gloating attitude really turned me off on my last chance to leave Sprint. Verizon is one overly boastful company, and doesn't have enough going for it to merit that kind of corporate ego. I'll save a few thousand $$$ with Sprint, deal with the rare dead spots, and take a few Hawaiian trips with the money I saved - and I won't care if the phone works there!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    Anyone have the phone number for the Verizon retentions department? I asked customer service, but they told me to email or write a letter... bs.
    "Retentions...? We don't need no stinkin' retentions.. We don't have to offer a number to our stinkin' retentions..."

Just dump 'em for a Sprint plan at half the price. Or if money is no object, stay with Verizon (you don't have to call retentions for that!).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123