Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    Hopefully LJP will update for the 700p soon. It is a little buggy depending on the rom I'm playing.
    when i'm playing contra it's super annoying when the game pauses because i hold down 'up+B' ... i wonder if that's a bug or if it's my config.

anyways, thanks for the response, i'll try it the way you have it.
    I just installed LJP exactly in accordance with the instructions, then dl'd and saved Super Donkey Kong 2 to the SNES program folder on my SD card, but when I run LJP it says "No ROM!"

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
    I find most of the games to not be so enjoyable on the tiny screen... and gameboy games work best - because they only require 2 buttons (a/b) rather then 3 or 4.. still some of the games require you being able to move or jump diagonally - which is sometimes tricky -

the older the game - the better it seems suited for the treo... I am using it on the 700p.. but honestly - these days I use it more to show off to people rather then actually play..
    also - I was having the weiredst thing happen w/ PalmMame.. I dunno if there has been an update since I last tried.. but if I launched a rom - and it didnt work correctly - the phone would reset - and then almost all my ram would be gone... the only way to get it back would be a hard reset (this kept happening w/ shinobi - one of my fav games)

curious if anyone else has had better success w/ it on the 700p.??
    I just installed LJP exactly in accordance with the instructions, then dl'd and saved Super Donkey Kong 2 to the SNES program folder on my SD card, but when I run LJP it says "No ROM!"

I had a weird issue with LJP where the rom files (.nes, .snes, etc.) didn't get associated properly, so they wouldn't sync to the device. Check out your quick install screen and make sure the files copied over. If not, you can fix the association issue by using rescoe explorer (a great program, btw) and just create an association for whichever types of roms you are copying over. You will specify the file type, where it is supposed to live.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphsutton
    also - I was having the weiredst thing happen w/ PalmMame.. I dunno if there has been an update since I last tried.. but if I launched a rom - and it didnt work correctly - the phone would reset - and then almost all my ram would be gone... the only way to get it back would be a hard reset (this kept happening w/ shinobi - one of my fav games)

Which version are you using?
    There's a newer version of LJP out there. Apparently Tinnus is developing a new emulator called LJR (resurrection) that will replace LJP. For now though, there is a new RC3 version out there.

http://lj.twg.org/ljp-1.0rc3-instaler.zip
    clmark that's because one of palmMame's game modules is still in Ram since the database was still open before the reset , you have to manually delete it with a file launcher such as filez then you'll get you memory back. look for "module 0-9".
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Is there a list somewhere of the games that work on the 700p??

I do think LJP does quite an amazing job overall... I seldom have problems- I haven't gotten as far as to put in the UMDH or whatever it's called... I think I have enough crap on my phone.. and don't know how important it is for me to be able to play every SNES game etc.
    I've got mostly NES games on mine. The SNES are a good bit larger. The RC3 version of LJP runs great on my 700p- it's quite a bit more stable than RC2, and I like that they added separate controller configuration to each game. Everything is a bit more robust.

My only wish is that he would incorporate Coleco vision games.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphsutton

If a rom resets the 700p, go back into PalmMame and then exit normally (just select Home, for example). Your memory will return without a hard reset or deleting any files. For me it's only around 3mb out of my remaining 47mb, so it's not that big a deal.

By the way, UDMH works for me on the 700p, and really helps with the bigger roms.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 08/05/2006 at 08:04 AM.
    Hi, I searched through the forum and found this thread. I'm a new 700p user, and I was wondering how you guys got the roms and program to work? What do you do to install everything and how do you download the games and such?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired101
    Hi, I searched through the forum and found this thread. I'm a new 700p user, and I was wondering how you guys got the roms and program to work? What do you do to install everything and how do you download the games and such?
    If you are interested in PalmMame, start here:

http://www.pocketdimension.com/cgi-b...i?;act=SF;f=12

LJP:

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=general

This one has some PalmMame AND LJP info:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8038
    Thank you for your help. Is there a difference between the PalmMame and LJP? One more stable or something? Which do you prefer?
    Thank you for your help. Is there a difference between the PalmMame and LJP? One more stable or something? Which do you prefer?
    Two different programs - PalmMame is an arcade emulator - it emulates the various systems arcade games used so you can run arcade roms such as Space Invader, etc. LJP emulates NES/BG/SNES/SMS console machines so you can run games for those machines. Although some games were made for arcade and consoles you must have the right ROM image; LJP will not run a Mame Rom and vice versa.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I've never used LJP, so I can't comment on it. I have a great SMS emulator on my GP32 handheld along with a ton of roms, and there are some great games for SMS. I just prefer the classic arcade games from my era via PalmMame, and having over 600 arcade games is great time killer. However, PalmMame is probably a bit trickier to run than LJP. The latest beta 0.17.6 runs well on the 700p with the sound quality setting on 'Hi', but you do have to purchase UDMH to run many of the roms. Otherwise you will get an out of memory error. Also, SMS roms are all over the net, but the Mame roms are harder to find and have to be in a specific older format (.36). I've been into Mame for years and have a full-sized arcade Mame machine that I built, so all I had to do was dig up the old stuff and add UDMH, which was $9.95 from Dmitry's website. Also, some Mame roms still won't work, and will soft reset your 700p when you try to load them. The good news if that the latest beta plays some of the smaller Neo-Geo games.

If you are new to emulation, you may want to start with LJP.
    Thanks. I'll give LJP a try first.
    I can't speak for Palmmame, but the latest release of LJP is working fine on my 700p. It is RC3- there's a link higher up this thread.
    palmmame and ljp working without issues on my 700p, but can anybody get the palmmess( in the palmmame menu) to work on a treo 700p? whenever I input the game I want( i.e. a5200 -cart asteroids.rom) the screen shows as if I am loading then it goes right back to the launcher, any ideals or is this part of palmmame not compatible with a treo700p?I would love to get my atari5200&7800, coleco vision and commadore64 roms to work.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I have to say, LJP is probably one of my favorites "free-time" apps on my Treo (...and it's always fun to whip out SMB or Zelda in a bar!)
    RC2 use to crash like a dirty motherf*cker; but I just installed RC3, and not only does it seem to run smoother and faster, I haven't had a crash yet! I'm kind of wary of "button-mashing" on my little shining-skinned friend, but some old-school RPGs are pretty good.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast