Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sorry if there is a better thread to get this info, but could some one explain to me in detail how to do this. I downloaded the Nesem demo onto my 700p. Then I went to www.theoldcomputer.com to get the games. I clicked on Contra and the download was done instantly. Then when I try to open it my computer says, "Window needs to know what program created it." And that is as far as I can get. It's like there is nothing there. The file comes in as contra.nes. What am I doing wrong. I thought you download the emulator then you download the Rom and install it on the palm and the emulator would play it. How does it really work?

Thanks for the help,

Rob
    can someone post a working link to ljp please? (i guess the official site is dead)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddieg
    can someone post a working link to ljp please? (i guess the official site is dead)
    http://www.hpc.ru/soft/data/12812/LJP-1.0rc2.zip

I dont know how nesem works, but heres a guide on how to install and use LJP, it might help you with nesem

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index....ead=1107427583
    guys, are you able to receive calls while playing these games?
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/NES/ROMs/NES_roms_summary.htm

now, does anyone know how to exit out of the game other than soft resetting?

By default, tapping the top right of the screen changes the resolution, do that until you see the icons on the bottom, if you tap the bottom left icon, you can exit the game. From the emulator, just hit the home button and it exits. It's buggy though, so sometimes when you hit home it resets.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    guys, are you able to receive calls while playing these games?
    With Nesem you can.
    too bad it's not free i'll just stick with ljp...
    hey guys. i just got LJP installed on my 700p.

am i retarded?
    i can't figure out where the /PALM/programs/LJP/nes directory is.
    is this supposed to be on the device or on my computer?

also do .nes games work with this emulator?

sorry for the dumb questions - never done this before.
    could this problem maybe be because i don't have an sd card?
    Quote Originally Posted by toddieg
    could this problem maybe be because i don't have an sd card?
    yes u need an sd card, thats where the directories are suppose to be.
    ah - thanks.
    where do you guys download super nes games from and genesis games?
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    http://www.theoldcomputer.com/MainMenu.htm
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    What's up everyone!! What are my fellow 700P-ers (??) doing for their button config for the Super NES and the Sega Genesis emulators (LJP)? I'm trying to have a set up that will give me the closest feel to the actual controllers as possible. Thanks a bunch...
    As much as I enjoy playing arcade games, I'm always a bit afraid of going overboard and end up breaking the buttons/keys on my Treo. In the past, I have broken various keys on my Palm Tungsten handhelds going after high scores. Nowadays, I prefer to play games that are more screen controlled, such as bowling and billiards, whereby you simply tap on the screen instead of pounding buttons.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    http://www.freeroms.com/
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Thanks! Keep the suggestions coming!

LJP is working fine for me- some of the roms are buggy but otherwise this is great! The only roms I can seem to find are .nes though.
    what KEY configuration do you guys use for your NES emulator on LJP?

whatever mine is set at causes the 'pause' button to be hit when i hold down up and the B key.

any suggestions?

also do you guys know how to make O and P available as A and B ??
    has any1 been able to use the keyboard to play games?
    LJP doesn't see the Treo buttons correctly. They keyboard keys don't seem to work at all. Also I noticed when I assigned the buttons that they were mislabeled as to what they were. They still work though, so no biggie.

I use Home for "A", red/power for "B" (I have big hands so spreading A out helps), Mail is "Start", Calendar is "qload" and of course the 5 way handles up/downl/left/right. I don't assign the others.

Hopefully LJP will update for the 700p soon. It is a little buggy depending on the rom I'm playing.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast