1.    #1  
    I liked seeing a review of this case (I've used it for over a year). However, Palm has a new replacement version of this case which IMHO is superior.

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...003&cat=290003

It fixes the old case's biggest problem: typing on the keys that lay at the edges of the keyboard. The new cutaway makes this a breeze. With the old case this was a real pain, especially the Option key.

The camera is also no longer covered by a flap. I'm using it with a 650; it fits 700's as well.

Barry
    Psion Organiser II > Apple Newton > Palm III > Palm V > Tungsten T > Tungsten T3 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorliss

The camera is also no longer covered by a flap. I'm using it with a 650; it fits 700's as well.

Barry
    Hmm.. Palm's own description says "fold down flap protects camera lens" on this new(er) model

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    The Form Fit case does indeed have a camera flap. Its hinge doesn't look much like a hinge, but it does fold out of the way so the camera can be used easily.

I have one of the "newer" cases, apparently. I can confirm that this model doesn't limit the use of the keys at the edge of the keyboard, as you can probably tell from the picture in my article.

Jay

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    im using this case and i love it it takes some time to break in the plastic that covers the screen when using the stylist but other then that i love it.
    also there is no cover over the camera
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/10/2006 at 06:35 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Oooooo, on closer look at the pic on Palm's site, it appears I do have the previous version of the case. However, even with my big klutzy fingers, I have no trouble using the keyboard, which lands not even close to the edge of the window, although the edge doesn't wrap off the side of the Treo as it does in Palm's picture. (http://web.palm.com/products/templat...003&cat=290003)
    The line of the case down the side also has no indent for the widened keyboard section. So the pictured product is NOT what I have in my hand, and not what I reviewed.

Besides, it's $29.99, instead of the $14.95 that TreoCentral has on the "Palm Form Fit Case."

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    The one i have looks just like the one in the picture . palm sent it to me for free. long story palm rep messed up my 650 . so s a sorry we screwed up your treo they sent me the case a battery and the cradle for free.
    My case is the one in the picture and it looks just like it . full keyboard exposed
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Hmm.. Palm's own description says "fold down flap protects camera lens" on this new(er) model

Harv

Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Psion Organiser II > Apple Newton > Palm III > Palm V > Tungsten T > Tungsten T3 > Treo 650
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygross
    Oooooo, on closer look at the pic on Palm's site, it appears I do have the previous version of the case. However, even with my big klutzy fingers, I have no trouble using the keyboard, which lands not even close to the edge of the window, although the edge doesn't wrap off the side of the Treo as it does in Palm's picture.

I don't know about your hands, but the old case drove me nuts with the keys at the edges. Look at a side by side comparison:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorliss
    I don't know about your hands, but the old case drove me nuts with the keys at the edges. Look at a side by side comparison:
    Ditto .................... I have the new case you posted and its been fine . I never had the old case.
    any help with breaking in the plastic over the screen when using the stylus?
    i was thinking about putting a hot hot hot rag to it to just get it a little soft
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    any help with breaking in the plastic over the screen when using the stylus?

To be honest, I always pop the Treo out of the case when I want to use the stylus. I like the plastic to lay flat above the screen, and not be deformed... YMMV...

Barry