Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I've been using the demo of Chattermail on my 700p the last few days and love the fact that it checks for email automatically. What other email apps do this? It looks like Iambic/Agendus Mail can be set to check for email every x minutes and I assume SnapperMail can do this, too. As far as I can tell, VersaMail cannot. Is this true?

Much thanks,

reubkov
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Yes, snapp does.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't know about versa.
    Just call me Berd.
    Most email apps i have come across can fetch auto, at set intervals. (I have mine at every 15mins)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    Most email apps i have come across can fetch auto, at set intervals. (I have mine at every 15mins)
    Thanks. Which one do you use?
    reubkov
    Well back in the day of the 650 i used snapper mail. IMHO it is by far the best app out there, although it is one of the most expensive i feel it is very worth. it.

But i would probably now go with chatter mail, the whole true push email looks amazing.

But i would say your options are between Chatter Mail and Snapper Mail. Those two clients seem to stand head and tails above the compotition.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks. Just curious - why doesn't Agendus Mail ever come up in discussion? Is it that weak of an email app?
    reubkov
    Ok ..... I've looked around and still am unsure of PUSH email. On my 700p I'm using Versamail - have it set to AutoSync every 5 minutes. What advantages would I gain by going with a 3rd party app that features Push mail. (still not sure exactly what it is)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok ..... I've looked around and still am unsure of PUSH email. On my 700p I'm using Versamail - have it set to AutoSync every 5 minutes. What advantages would I gain by going with a 3rd party app that features Push mail. (still not sure exactly what it is)
    Google "push e-mail:" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_e-mail.

If you're pulling every 5 minutes, you won't see much of a difference with push e-mail, except that you'll only be draining the battery and (assuming you're on 1xRTT) tying up the phone line when an e-mail actually arrives instead of every 5 minutes.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Thanks!
    I've been using Agendus Mail SSL for a couple of months and am very happy with it. It supports both POP and IMAP email, does a good job of fetching the mail quickly (much faster than Versamail anyway), supports multiple accounts and multiple folders, can be set to handle or not handle SMS (I would recommend you set it to not handle SMS because of one issue with it - the Treo's default SMS handles them fine), and set up with Gmail and other accounts its pretty easy and painless.

Only downsides: price and Iambic's support is forum only which can be slow (don't expect an answer in 15 minutes or even in a day). But they are responsive and thorough when they get to the problem.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have not heard of anyone that got autosync on VM to work properly without constant crashes and resets. Any info?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    I have not heard of anyone that got autosync on VM to work properly without constant crashes and resets. Any info?
    I've never had VersaMail crash on me in over a year and a half using autosync. That's on a Sprint 650, checking 2 Comcast accounts and 1 Sprint account. All are set to autosync; the most frequent is set to hourly from 8 AM - 10 PM daily.

Not sure if it's my settings, my accounts, my other software, or just luck.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    probably luck, as I have tried many different very conservative configurations with autosync and always, the next day, I am reseting when I try to open vm. I have tried installing the accounts in hotsync and on the phone as well.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p