1.    #1  
    I went to open a pdf file yesterday and got an error saying that I needed to install an update to Docs to Go (to version 8.003 [239]).

Went to the website, no problem, downloaded the update...

Today I noticed I have about 6MB less space on the handheld. I just realized that the original software was "built-in" to ROM. The update is in RAM. Of course.

rrrrrrr.

So, just a heads up, when you get ready to update Docs to Go, it's gonna take a bite out of your RAM...
    Then we will have to go back to old methods:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

In the new version, under the options menu, manage applications...it allows you to move the programs to your card and back again. Shouldn't have to download the extra utility anymore.
    Does the included version of the utility now have all the features of the downloded version? At one point, it did not. But no matter -- the included version does do the move for you.

I wonder if/when Palm issues a ROM upgrade for the 700P, if it will include any "to date" changes in DTG so you can get rid of the "upgraded" RAM version at that point?
  5.    #5  

Yeah--I had used that on my 650--luckily I still have 33MB left! Plus, I am convinced that a big reason that I do not have any crashes on my 700p is because I am not running anything off the card. I want to avoid that if I can!
    The dataviz tool works great, I have most of my apps running off my SD card, without crash's. I try to keep as much memory open on my 700, in case I need it for other great apps
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I wonder if/when Palm issues a ROM upgrade for the 700P, if it will include any "to date" changes in DTG so you can get rid of the "upgraded" RAM version at that point?
    When... not "if"... "when"...

They need to update pTunes too.
    Ok since DTG is in the 700P's ROM, if we use this utility to transfer the apps. to card then tap on the DTG icon, will it still open/run the latest version?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok since DTG is in the 700P's ROM, if we use this utility to transfer the apps. to card then tap on the DTG icon, will it still open/run the latest version?
    Yes, latest version will run. Only the viewing apps like SheetToGo, WordToGo, SlideshowToGo are moved to the SD card; the main DocsToGo app still lives in RAM.
  10. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    I went to open a pdf file yesterday and got an error saying that I needed to install an update to Docs to Go (to version 8.003 [239]). ... I have about 6MB less space on the handheld. I just realized that the original software was "built-in" to ROM. The update is in RAM. Of course. ... when you update Docs to Go, it's gonna take a bite out of your RAM...
    I have same issue-- only reason I updated to 8.003 from the bundled ROM DocsToGo was for the PDFtoGo app update. Anyone know if its possible to only upgrade the 8.003 PDFtoGo but not all the other DocsToGo apps (which seem to work fine in their original 8.000 versions)?

Thanks
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
    I run lots of applications from my cards and no crashes. No crashes means your programs behave. Ben
    I have had the same problem off and on. I simply reinstall 9.0. It is a pain in the neck.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    I have 8.003 and if I use the OTA (Over The Air) option to check for "free updates" it comes back and says I have the most current version. . . . .

Ya -- most current version of version 8 . . . . meaning that there is no FREE upgrade available for that version. . . .

Version 9 is the latest and comes with a cost. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Whenever I try to access a PDF file using Docs 2 Go, it says I have a previous version and need to update (8.003). When I go to the website, it says I have the latest version, so there's nothing to update.

What's up??

Not sure -- do you need to re-install 8.003 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I run lots of applications from my cards and no crashes. No crashes means your programs behave. Ben
    same here. i think doing this also depends on the quality of card you are using, just my experience--not a hard-core fact.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by wink100 View Post
    I have had the same problem off and on. I simply reinstall 9.0. It is a pain in the neck.
    im having the same problem i have version8.003 installed i tried to mave the sheets to go slides show to go and charts to go to the sd card its sill telling me that it sees another version
    i have the dataviz tool installed . what should i do ? it works fine until i try and move the application to the card like sheets to go slide show to go ect.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    When I have had problems with DTG, moving it to the device was the only way I could be sure of getting everything taken off/taken care of, et cetera. Have you checked the SD card to see what is in the /Palm/Launcher folder?

Ben