Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all of the negative feedback from the Treo 700p, and all of the members with numerous returns...I am curious to know who in the forums is still on their first 700p if possible and if they have been having good results with the device, and what applications do they have loaded. As I have said in previous posts...I keep mine pretty lean for now with applications that I need and aid in performance. And with the dbcache issues, I have been reluctant to try any of the backup apps for now. I just sync for backup for now. All in all, my 700p has worked awesome and hopefully it stays that way. There are a few more apps I want to load, but I am gun shy about as far as stability goes, and I don't play games on my Treo...I play with my daughters PlayStation for that, or play games on my notebook, so games are out. Versafail has been good to me with 3 accounts as far email management goes.

Current Apps: Uninstall Manager, Clean up, BrightCam, FileZ, PowerRun, BibleReader, Files, DocToGo, TCPMP
    Last edited by KStewart; 07/13/2006 at 02:01 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Mine working good. Have: volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn. I think its best not to load it with too many apps - thats how you get trouble! Its almost essential to have a backup program - in case system crashes. I have used backupman after a hard reset and it restored everything well except volumecare.
    Last edited by irabren; 07/10/2006 at 05:34 AM.
    Zlauncher, mOcean, Seven, TideTool, TCPMP, LJP, Filez, FlightSchedule, PalmVNC, BackupMan.

Working great, loving it.
    What is the dbcash issue
    see my signature below thats whats on my treo and all is great
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I'm working well with the apps you see in my signature. Like many, I did a clean install (keeping username) from the 650, adding apps one by one as stable 700p versions came out. The only issues I've had so far have been app-related.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    FileZ, HandZipper, Missing Sync, SplashPhoto, StickyBrain, Uninstall, Watchmaker

I'm still on the hunt for a backup and launcher program, but otherwise, for a newbie, this thing is amazing! And oh, I use Versamail with POP Gmail and it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by crownzeal; 07/10/2006 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    I'm working well with the apps you see in my signature. Like many, I did a clean install (keeping username) from the 650, adding apps one by one as stable 700p versions came out. The only issues I've had so far have been app-related.
    question should you soft reset after each application ? when you download it?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I guess i'm one of the lucky ones, never replaced my treo 600,650 and now the 700p, and i've always got them when they were first released.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I guess i'm one of the lucky ones, never replaced my treo 600,650 and now the 700p, and i've always got them when they were first released.i have pretty much what's been posted already on my treo.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I usually do soft reset after installing a new application
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Great Results:

Apps:
    3D Hockey
    3D Pong
    Aces
    Agendus Pro
    Astro
    Bang!
    Battleship
    Bejeweled
    Billiards
    Bowling Deluxe
    Breakout
    Bzzz
    Chromagames
    Converter
    Darts Deluxe
    Dir Assist
    Docs to Go
    Easy Notes
    Express
    ezReset
    ezTipper
    FileZ
    Fun TicTacToe
    GTS Racing
    Hanoi
    Hold Em (Dices)
    JAMDAT Bowling
    Joust
    MahJonggHR
    MegaClock
    MiniGolf
    Monopoly
    OneBridge
    PDA Cookbook
    PDANet
    Pool Deluxe
    PocketTunes
    RBTapper
    Ricochet
    Rocketmania
    RoundUp
    Rummy
    Scrabble
    SecurID
    Solitaire
    T-Blaster
    Tetris 2
    Tradewinds
    TravelDeluxe
    Trivial Pursuit
    Verichat
    Yahtzee
    Zap2016
    ZLauncher
    Zuma

and Oxford Dictionary on my SD card, along with almost 150 mp3's.
    Why do you soft reset after adding software? I've been using Palm devices since the Palm III (not as long as some of you, but a pretty long time) and have never followed that procedure.
    I guess its not mandatory - but to me its like doing a restart with computer after installing software.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Why do you soft reset after adding software? I've been using Palm devices since the Palm III (not as long as some of you, but a pretty long time) and have never followed that procedure.
    it is not a bad idea, but not necessary.
    I have probably 100 apps, and am still on the first 700p (no hardware issues). It IS slow, but I expect that to be fixed with a FW update.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I'm still on my first (knock on wood) and haven't had any problems other than the skipping pTunes thing that is affecting everyone. I have a ton of apps installed but the most comprehensive ones are Chatter, DB6, Butler, TreoAlarm, PowerRun, QuickNews, TomTom, KBLights, Hi-Launcher, Uninstall Mgr, VolumeCare, SplashMoney, SplashID, Resco Explorer and Resco Backup.

I do a soft reset after each Resco backup or after installing an app. So far my 700p has been very stable and, while not blindingly faster then my 650, I don't notice it being very slow. Unlike my 650, I can tell when I need to soft reset the 700p as it will start to switch apps slowly. That doesn't happen very often, however.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Still on my first and I got mine before Sprint even put them on display, so guessing early! Haven't had any issues other than trying software that wasn't designed for the 700p yet which is a 50/50 chance. My father has recently gotten one as well and so far no issues with his either. So Hopefully it is just particular apps that aren't compatible it sounds. As far as apps I have or am using, there is an assortment, I am still figuring out what all I want on there. But typical apps that I am using a lot of:

Chatteremail
    Resco Explorer
    Filez
    TreoAlarm
    Verichat (Hacked Version for 700p)
    TeleNAV GPS Software

And run the built in stuff like On Demand and such. Have definately experimented with others but that is currently what I have used the most of.
    I'm on my first 700p (Sprint) and everything is going great.. Especially now that I've deleted those 3 MultiMail files. They don't come back unless VersaMail somehow launches (click an email link in blazer... since the versamail icon doesn't exist)...

I have way too many programs on my 700p to go through and list them now.. but will compile a list when I get home and I'll post them then.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    don't be disturb by a few vocal people who post bad experiences. You will soon see people posting they are on their eigth and ninth treo 700p (it happened with every previous treo release). If I wasted that much time with a device I'd get something different. That said, since they stay with it there may be something else going on. If you've ever worked retail . . . you've seen em before.
    1st Treo. All systems nominal.

TomTom, Audible, KBLights, TCPMP, Telenav, WineGuide, VideoHound, BlackJack, Palm Internals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast