Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think you would find that 99% of us are still on their first 700p and they are working perfectly.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I dont have issue with apps as much as I have issues with my SD card mysteriously disappearing and not reappering till I do a reset......
    I am still on my first 700p purchased the day they were available at the Palm One store and didnt experience one reset until yesterday when I installed the lastest version on Butler. @$#!$@#%

I have the following installed

Backup Buddy VFS
    Bejeweled 2
    Mega Bowling
    Bubblet
    Butler
    Copy It
    Directory Assist
    FileZ
    Photodial
    RgrSwitch
    Volume Care
    VoiceDial
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    don't be disturb by a few vocal people who post bad experiences. You will soon see people posting they are on their eigth and ninth treo 700p (it happened with every previous treo release). If I wasted that much time with a device I'd get something different. That said, since they stay with it there may be something else going on. If you've ever worked retail . . . you've seen em before.
    Agreed, not downing them at all, but I wouldn't have the patience if I had to replace the unit that many times, I definately woulda tried something else. So my only guess is it has to be a particular app or something.
    butler
    causerie
    chatter
    docstogo
    megacalc
    kinoma
    nvbackup
    tcpmp
    verichat
    volumcare
    launcherx

I'm still on my first Sprint 700p from 6/2/06. I have installed many programs, not all of which work, and thus I have done a number of hard resets to "clear things up".
    First 700p and these apps are working great:

LauncherX
    Agendus 11
    PalmaryCalc
    McBaby
    2dial
    CityID
    RescoExplorer
    FileZ
    Mobipocket Reader
    ReadThemAll
    SplashID
    SplashShopper
    SuperUtility
    TealAuto
    Uninstall Manager
    Weasel
    Toccer
    upIRC
    SplashPhoto
    TCPMP
    AutoDimmer
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    On my first 1st 700p purchased on 6/1 from a local Sprint store.

Docs-2-Go
    FlightStatus
    HandyShopper
    OpenAir (Timesheet/Expense program)
    PalmVNC
    pTunes
    Business Connection Personal Edition
    Yahoo Messenger
    Snapper Mail
    AudioGate
    MobiTV
    FileZ
    IPCalc+
    Universal Keyboard
    KeyCaps
    PalmPuke
    EMC RaidCalc
    Speedy

P.S. Both my Treo 600 and 650 were never replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    don't be disturb by a few vocal people who post bad experiences. You will soon see people posting they are on their eigth and ninth treo 700p (it happened with every previous treo release).
    I'm surprised someone hasn't already thrown a "let's start a class action lawsuit!" tantrum, like the previous two releases, yet. Or, maybe I just missed the thread?

Oh, and I also am still on my first 700p. Apps running:

AvantGo
    Biz Conn
    Bejeweled!
    Checkbook
    eReader
    FileZ
    IBm Java
    Kmaps
    pTunes
    Solitaire
    VoiceDial

Pretty tame I suppose, but my second 650 (my first 650 was fine till I dropped it) would spontaneously reboot with just half of these apps. I'd say the 700p is a worthy upgrade, though aprt of it may aslo be that I have lowered and more realistic expectations about smart phones after all my previous experiences (see my timeline below).
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 07/10/2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Adding my Apps
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I have probably 100 apps, and am still on the first 700p (no hardware issues). It IS slow, but I expect that to be fixed with a FW update.
    Ditto Right here. The only slow thing about mine though is switching back to the phone app.
    On my first one here and all is well with the exception of the much-talked about accaisional sluggishish between apps and battery useage could be better.
    I did get rid of Versamail files as mentioned in other threads.
    BackupMan
    Bdictionary
    Converter
    Dir Asst
    FileZ
    FlightStatus
    MegaClock
    SplashID
    xWeather
    1stAid
    AreaCodes
    CardKeeper
    DataViz Tech Tool
    Docs to Go
    eReader
    Flags
    HolidayUSA
    IBM Java
    Inbox To Go
    MobileDB
    PowerRun
    Sun Compass
    TMP
    TreoAlertMgr
    Uninstall
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Still on the first since approximately 1 week after release. Apps loaded are:

BackupBuddy VFS
    NeatFreak Plus Pack
    DateBk 6
    Resco Explorer
    SnapperMail
    SplashID

Only problem is the white screen issue which appears for less than a second switching between apps (sometimes up to 2 seconds switching to phone). I was less than satisfied with the battery life, however it has improved considerably recently. Let's hope AnthaVPN the VNC don't cause any problems as they are my next items to load.
    Lovin' it! - First 700p - Running great

Pocket Mirror Pro
    Docs2Go Premium
    SnapperMail Premier (solved slow screen when swithing to phone)
    EzRemote
    FileZ
    pTunes Deluxe
    Let me first say that my first (and only, so far) 700p is light years better than any of my 4 650's were. That said, I've been having problems in the phone app with unresponsiveness--the unit jus won't respond to any button presses for anywhere from a couple to 15 or 20 seconds. This makes navigating voicemail or phone trees or hanging up calls impossible sometimes. Since a hard reset things have been better, but not 100%. Do any of you experience this? I'm about to trade mine in for a new one. If this were fixed I'd absolutely LOVE the 700p.
    On my first 700 with no problems what so ever... (knock on wood...) Only thing I had to remove was Chessmaster. Other than that smooth sailing.
    still first 700p..all good with snappermail, butler, datebk5 (slowly reinstalling apps cuz i've had some reset issues)

went through maybe 17 treo 600's

went through maybe 8 treo 300's
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by chuhsi
    still first 700p..all good with snappermail, butler, datebk5 (slowly reinstalling apps cuz i've had some reset issues)

went through maybe 17 treo 600's

went through maybe 8 treo 300's
    WOW!!! We have a winner!! http://www.yatoula.com/gif/smiley_2/smiley_789.gif
    Audible, Bonsai, DateBk6, [Docs to Go], HanDBase, Info Select, MacroPlay, Smartlist To Go, Splash ID, Splash Money, Splash Shopper, TreoMax, Vindigo, Audible Air, AvantGo, eReader Pro, [pTunes], Pocket TV Browser, iNoah, iPedia, Nexus Dictionary, Slovo Ed (Spanish/English), Backup Buddy VFS, Butler, Card Reader, Cleanup (NeatFreak), Clip Pro, FileZ, HandZipper Lite, myWorkBench, Uninstall (NeatFreak), Tom Tom Navigator, Directory Assist, GPS Tester, Pocket Codes, PdaReach, Rebate Tracker, Stamps, Tube 2 (New York), Alchemy, Atomica, BeCrossword, Bejeweled, Blocks, Bookworm, Icon Manager, Monopoly, NumberZ, Scrabble, Seven Seas, Shanghai, T-Blaster, WordPop, WordWatch, HappyDays, MegaClock, PSMemo, SnapperMail Premium.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Still on my first 700p. Using FileZ, Directory Assist, Opera Mini, Snappermail, City ID, PTunes Deluxe, IBM Java, MobiTV, LauncherX, Aces Texas Hold'em. Also had one only of the Treo 300, 600, and 650...
    Still on my first as well, and have been quite happy. I do have the occasional soft reset, but I am more than willing to do it to have all of the conveniences on one device. I converted from the bb, and never looked back.

Apps: chatter, splashid, keycaps, bugme, synctraveler, express
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    1st 700P - I've got two problems: Firstly white screen lag occasionally. Secondly, I must have some corrupted pics & video files that won't allow me access to any of my images. I can take pics and videos but I can't view them because I get a crash each time I try. The thought of a hard-resetting drives me crazy because I've finally got my 700p the way I want it and I'm afraid that reinstalling apps will toss my hardwork out the window. Other than that, all is well and I am truly enjoying this phone. Works great with USB Modem when I want to surf on my Mac or Windows laptops. I'm the envy of all my friends and co-workers. Even my boss hates knowing that I can access my email out of the office and he cant =-P
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast