1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if any of the screen protectors available for the 700P/W still come sandwhiched between two layers of film?

------------------------------

Top layer for protecting the front of the screen protector AND to help position the screen protector on the screen

Screen Protector

Bottom layer to protect the side of the screen protector that will make contact with the screen

I've found that these types of screen protectors are usually of the highest quality and the easiest to install. Boxwave's Cleartouch for the Treo 650 used to be this way, but not anymore. Even the ones for my Nintendo DS Lite (made by a Japanese company called "Hori") are like this (sandwhiched between two layers of film plastic).
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Does anyone know if any of the screen protectors available for the 700P/W still come sandwhiched between two layers of film?

Top layer for protecting the front of the screen protector AND to help position the screen protector on the screen

Screen Protector

Bottom layer to protect the side of the screen protector that will make contact with the screen

I've found that these types of screen protectors are usually of the highest quality and the easiest to install. Boxwave's Cleartouch for the Treo 650 used to be this way, but not anymore. Even the ones for my Nintendo DS Lite (made by a Japanese company called "Hori") are like this (sandwhiched between two layers of film plastic).
    The Boxwave Cleartouch I purchased for my 700p had both a bottom and top cover.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm... Ok, looks like along with lowering the price of the Treo 650 Cleartouch, Boxwave has removed the top, positioning layer. That's probably why the 700P Cleartouch is more expensive then.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    the Brando ultraclear screen protector has both layers as well. It was the best screen protector I had on my 650. Now it doesn't look like they make one for the 700P yet. Do I wait?

or get the Boxwave?
    or get the Martin Fields - which is smaller than the treo screen?
  5.    #5  
    If the Treo 700P Cleartouch has both layers as richpjr claims, then go for the Cleartouch.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    thanks, is cleartouch a boxwave?
  7.    #7  
    Can anyone else confirm that the Cleartouch Boxwave is selling specifically for the 700P, still has both the backing on the bottom and the positioning layer on the top?
  8.    #8  
    Ok, received BoxWave's ClearTouch for the 700P and it does still have top positioning layer as well. That's probably whey it costs more than the 650 version. I remember now, before the 700P came out, the 650 version cost as much as the 700P ClearTouch now costs.

So, with the 700P ClearTouch you're paying extra for really a better quality ClearTouch since the actual ClearTouch is protected on both sides AND you have the positioning layer.
    Hmm. When I got my 700w cleartouch, it did not have the top layer. Maybe they've improved them now. Mine is really thick too. But it definitely does not have the positioning layer. I may want to order another then. I'm gonna email them and ask.