Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    who's using backupbuddy or some other program in addition to missing sync? I'm wondering if its really necessary since it seems like duplicating the same tasks.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Me.
    Missing sync only syncs user selected folders and the PIM functions. Backupbuddy backs up everything: preference files, apps, etc etc
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Actually, if you have the "backup" conduit turned on preference files, apps etc are all backed up by Missing Sync as well. I don't use backup buddy, but I'd imagine that it would be useful if you were out or on vacation & you needed to recover from a hard reset on the spot.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888
    I don't use backup buddy, but I'd imagine that it would be useful if you were out or on vacation & you needed to recover from a hard reset on the spot.
    Yeah, excellent point.
    I have BackupBuddy VFS automatically copy the contents of RAM to my SD card every night at 2.30am. Gives me peace of mind in case of a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    You may also want to check out Resco Backup. It will do automatic incrimental backups at any interval you specify to your SD card. I run one incrimental backup daily at 5 AM and keep 10 days worth.

...this handy little program has saved me a few times.