Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Here is further info on Sprint TV:

Sprint Power VisionSM Access Pack

Features ABC News Now streaming live news channel and SIRIUS Hits.

Sprint Power VisionSM Plus Pack
    * Includes channels available in Power Vision Access Pack plus: NFL Network, Fox Sports
    * Fuse
    * Fashion TV

Sprint Power VisionSM Ultimate Pack
    * All the great channels included with the Power Vision Plus Pack and: ESPN, Fox News Channel, NBC, The Weather Channel
    * Discovery Channel, Animal Planet
    * Toon World, Looney Tunes, Comedy Time, Music Choice

Or, subscribe to individual channels from an expanding menu of top brands you know. Before subscribing, use the Preview Channel to sample the programming for free.
    Sprint TV Previews

View previews of some channels you can purchase and watch on your Power Vision or Vision Multimedia phone. Note: Not all content works on all phones.

* Sprint TV
    o Sprint TV
    o CNNtoGo
    o Fox Sports
    o The Weather Channel
    o GoTV
    o IMF Int'l Music Feed
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I am still lost. Does the Ultimate package include All the live channels???
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    I am still lost. Does the Ultimate package include All the live channels???
    No. That's a seperate $9.99.
    In there advertisement it says Looney toones , Weather Channel. NBC And when I go use them they say I have to pay. I cant even find NBC.

Here is there advert.

Sprint TVSM Ultimate - Watch unlimited live TV on the go with full-motion video and vivid sound. Includes the channels available with Sprint TVSM Plus and Fox News Channel®, The Weather Channel®, Looney Tunes®, NBC®, Discovery Channel®, and more!
    Where do you get a list of channels on Sprint Live.

I am thinking it might be better to get rid of the power ultimate vision and get Mobi TV.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/12/2006 at 06:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    I have a slingbox and the 700p.... has slingmedia confimred that there is a palm client in development?

I've used the pocketPC client, and it's awesome....
    They're kind of hazy as to if / when there will be a 700p / Palm client. I got contradictory winks and nods from them, if you know what I mean. All we can do is wait. Personally, I'd be surprised if they _don't_ do a PalmOS client. It would sell a LOT of Slingboxes.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    They're kind of hazy as to if / when there will be a 700p / Palm client. I got contradictory winks and nods from them, if you know what I mean. All we can do is wait. Personally, I'd be surprised if they _don't_ do a PalmOS client. It would sell a LOT of Slingboxes.
    I'd buy one. Here's the response I got from them back on May 11, 2006:

Quote Originally Posted by Sling Media Support
    Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting Sling Media support.

I understand that you want to know if the SlingPlayer™ mobile will
    support the Treo 650 or the Treo 700p. The software needs is to have
    Windows Mobile 4.2 or 5.0. So if either device has that OS then it will
    work.

Best regards,
    Sling Media Support

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Description: Not a current Slingbox owner, but I probably would be if
    you supported SlingPlayer Mobile on PalmOS for the Treo650 (or
    forthcoming Treo700p). Any update on support for that platform?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The Slingbox requires a connection to a home router on a broadband connection (DSL or preferably cable), either hard-wired with an ethernet cable or using their "SlingLinks" which use your home AC wiring (because a lot of people, me included) don't have their router anywhere near their cable box (mine are about thirty feet apart so I'd have to get a really long run of ethernet cable and run it around the room, behind and around and under furniture which would be pain - the Slinglinks eliminate the need to do that, and they're sold as a pair for another $150.00 or so.. one plugs into AC near the Slingbox itself which you put on top of or near your digital cable box, (the Slingbox itself is pretty small and light, you could actually Velcro it to a wall near your cable box if the cable box has other stuff sitting on top of it..) .. the other plugs in near to and connects to your router.. their site explains the whole thing..).. so I don't see them supporting the 650 at all, since it can't do EVDO anyway - 1xRTT speed just wouldn't cut it for any kind of video streaming.. (if you've ever been in a hotel with a laptop and only a dialup connection, you know how pathetic video streaming is..) .. and you can't even stick a WiFi card in a 650. No drivers for them. Well you can stick in a WiFi card, but it won't do anything.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    I have a slingbox and the 700p.... has slingmedia confimred that there is a palm client in development?

I've used the pocketPC client, and it's awesome....
    sling isn't going to bother. just check their forums.

It is one of the problems with the palm OS. It is stable and fast but there are many many new applications that are not going to bother with palm and sling is one of them.
    Hi from MobiTV -- sorry I didn't notice this thread until now, but I think everybody figured things out on their own. I'll just restate it:

-MobiTV runs the video streaming portion of Sprint TV, but Sprint owns the media player and the interface. Glad to hear some of you like our interface so much!
    -Sling has not announced a Palm client or an intent to build one.
    -MobiTV also does run on Windows Mobile, you can check it out on our website (http://www.mobitv.com). The interface is much improved from the Palm client, with a cable box style channel guide that we hope to be able to bring to the Palm OS in the near future. (Hint: Write our support people to ask for it!)

Thanks --
    Mobi TV and anyone else. How do you get Mobi TV for the 700P . It says not avaliable when i go to content Manager . But I noticed that the Sprint Live looks the same and the same price $9.99 - Is that it?? and can I cancel the Sprint Unlimited and just get Sprint Live??
  12.    #32  
    You can just get the basic power vision access from Sprint - and go to mobiTV website and sign up
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    irabren , Thank you. I will probally do that. I call Sprint and there CSR people dont have a clue about Sprint TV.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    -Sling has not announced a Palm client or an intent to build one.
    They haven't flat out said they're not going to do one either. In that respect, they're semi-quasi-pseudo silent about it. I'll put a $20.00 bill here on the virtual table and betcha there'll be a PalmOS Sling player before 1/1/2007. You can match the bet if you like. We'll come back here on that date and someone will be $20.00 richer ..

The day before Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ $sent$ $out$ $700p$ $units$ $to$ $reviewers$, $they$ $still$ $denied$ $it$ $existed$. $I$ $knew$ $the$ $guy$ $I$ $was$ $talking$ $to$ $had$ $one$ $sitting$ $on$ $his$ $desk$. $Hell$, $he$ $might$ $have$ $even$ $been$ $talking$ $to$ $me$ $on$ $one$. $He$ $knew$ $I$ $knew$. $I$ $knew$ $he$ $knew$ $I$ $knew$. $But$ $Palm$ $and$ $many$ $other$ $companies$ $simply$ $have$ $a$ $policy$ $of$ $not$ $talking$ $about$ $a$ $product$ $until$ $it$ &$quot$;$officially$ $exists$.&$quot$;

I'd put another $20.00 bill on the table here and betcha they're working on a ROM revision to fix bugs in the 700p. You'd have to get a Palm insider very drunk or strap him down and inject him with Sodium Pentothal to admit it (or maybe the comfy chair would work).. they just never pre-announce upcoming ROM revisions, just like they never pre-announce forthcoming products. Meanwhile, Micro$oft is already talking about Vista like a drunken sailor.

As an Amiga media insider for years, I had access to the engineers inside of Commodore and could talk directly to the guys who were building new models the public (on many boards like this) was going nuts rumoring about. We (media folks) just kept quite about it. At least the ones with any brains did.

Anyway, I don't think Sling is going to ignore the 700p. For a number of reasons, not the least of which is that a 700p version of their player would sell one Helluva lot of Slingboxes.

Just my opinions, of course, but based on about 20 years' experience dealing with this kind of thing.

Harv
    I honestly think EVERY palm user should email Sling, and let them know we would love a Palm client.

Most companies respond to customer demand.
    I hope you're right!! *crosses fingers*

I would buy one in a heartbeat.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    They haven't flat out said they're not going to do one either. In that respect, they're semi-quasi-pseudo silent about it. I'll put a $20.00 bill here on the virtual table and betcha there'll be a PalmOS Sling player before 1/1/2007. You can match the bet if you like. We'll come back here on that date and someone will be $20.00 richer ..

The day before Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ $sent$ $out$ $700p$ $units$ $to$ $reviewers$, $they$ $still$ $denied$ $it$ $existed$. $I$ $knew$ $the$ $guy$ $I$ $was$ $talking$ $to$ $had$ $one$ $sitting$ $on$ $his$ $desk$. $Hell$, $he$ $might$ $have$ $even$ $been$ $talking$ $to$ $me$ $on$ $one$. $He$ $knew$ $I$ $knew$. $I$ $knew$ $he$ $knew$ $I$ $knew$. $But$ $Palm$ $and$ $many$ $other$ $companies$ $simply$ $have$ $a$ $policy$ $of$ $not$ $talking$ $about$ $a$ $product$ $until$ $it$ &$quot$;$officially$ $exists$.&$quot$;

I'd put another $20.00 bill on the table here and betcha they're working on a ROM revision to fix bugs in the 700p. You'd have to get a Palm insider very drunk or strap him down and inject him with Sodium Pentothal to admit it (or maybe the comfy chair would work).. they just never pre-announce upcoming ROM revisions, just like they never pre-announce forthcoming products. Meanwhile, Micro$oft is already talking about Vista like a drunken sailor.

As an Amiga media insider for years, I had access to the engineers inside of Commodore and could talk directly to the guys who were building new models the public (on many boards like this) was going nuts rumoring about. We (media folks) just kept quite about it. At least the ones with any brains did.

Anyway, I don't think Sling is going to ignore the 700p. For a number of reasons, not the least of which is that a 700p version of their player would sell one Helluva lot of Slingboxes.

Just my opinions, of course, but based on about 20 years' experience dealing with this kind of thing.

Harv
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12