1.    #1  
    What is the latest version? Would it be the same for the 700p?
    The PRL is carrier specific and device independent. You can ask your carrier to flag you for an update if you really want to.

Sprint told me last week that PRL's are automatically updated and if my phone was behind in updates, they would notify me. I have a 650 and another type phone and the PRL's are different but up to date.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Yes, it is carrier-specific. No, it's not the same as the 700p. Not positive, but I assume the difference is a 1xRTT vs. EvDO thing.

No, Sprint phones are not automatically updated. In fact, they're often not automatically flagged for update. The only reliable method I've found is calling *2. If your phone is flagged for update, you'll be prompted to download the update right away. If you're not flagged, say "PRL update" when the VRU asks why you're calling. Once you get a rep, ask what the latest PRL is. If that isn't what your phone's running, ask to be flagged for update. Wait a few hours, then call *2 again, at which point you should be prompted to download it.

On 7/7, a Sprint CSR told me that 10031 was the latest version.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    kvcobra is correct except for the latest PRL on Sprint - it is 10033 and that came out last month - and yes, the 700 is different cuz it is EVDO.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    kvcobra is correct except for the latest PRL on Sprint - it is 10033 and that came out last month - and yes, the 700 is different cuz it is EVDO.
    That's what I get for listening to a Sprint rep who can barely speak English, let alone count to 10033. Thanks for the info.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Anybody know of a reliable source (web page, maybe) that tells you the most recent PRL #s?

And mods, would you please move this to the CDMA-US forum?
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Anybody know of a reliable source (web page, maybe) that tells you the most recent PRL #s?
    I usually find out about PRL's first at: http://www.howardforums.com/

and/or here: http://www.pcsintel.com/index.php
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Yeah, I guess HoFo is the way to go. Sure would be nice if Sprint would just publish the stupid things, or better trigger the update automatically.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster