Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't know if this counts as '3rd party' software but in a different thread I saw Sprint Biz Connect software listed as incompatible. I just loaded the fat32 file with a custom rom and my biz connect still works great
  2.    #22  
    If you need GPRS connection I suggest USB Modem from mobilestream. This is better than JuneFabric's PDANet, because we don't need to install another software on PC, but only driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by waow View Post
    Continuing jamesgangut's ROM Update tips and trick, [HTML]http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108580[/HTML] I think it would be great if we make a list of any third party software that run stable on ROM.

From what I've done, here's the list:
    - HandyShop 2.9b
    I've made a custom ROM, but Handy Shopper 2.9c simply doesn't show up, even though it's in the zip file. I can't see it in ROM using Filez. I can copy the same version from the zip file directly to my SD card and it runs fine. Any ideas what's going on?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    I've made a custom ROM, but Handy Shopper 2.9c simply doesn't show up, even though it's in the zip file. I can't see it in ROM using Filez. I can copy the same version from the zip file directly to my SD card and it runs fine. Any ideas what's going on?
    Hi cyclone, have no idea with Shopper 2.9c. But 2.9b works well without any problem at all. Please try it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    google maps works fine as well
    Anyone can assist me regarding installing of 3rd Party softwares in hte ROM?? I have successfully takes out irrelevant softwares and free up some space. I have put in some softwares but when I hard reset, I did not see the software at all. Do I need to change the file extension or something like tat to make it working??
    Below are the apps I've tested and found to be stable (and not stable). All versions below are the registered versions (if applicable). One thing I've noticed is that sometimes combinations of apps work, but individually they don't, but I haven't figured out the reason. For example, appA only works if appB is also in ROM, but I suspect it's more complicated than that. Therefore, the non-stable apps below may work in combination with other apps.

Stable:
    AfterSync.PRC (1.1)
    AutoMobil.PRC (4.01)
    CCodes.PRC (0.7) - This is CountryCodes
    Call_History.PRC (1.43T)
    Call_Totals.PRC (1.43T)
    ExpenzPro.PRC (2.6.0)
    McPhling.PRC (5.70)
    RPN.PRC (3.6.2) - This is Reverse Polish Notation calculator
    Radio_Control.PRC (1.1)
    SnapperMail-ent.prc (2.3.5.02)
    SplashID.PRC + SplashID_enUS.PRC (3.32b3)
    SplashShopper.PRC (2.62)
    TealPhone.PRC (4.76)
    TreoNaviText.PRC (1.0)
    YAUC.PRC (1.2.2d) - This is YetAnotherUnitCalculator
    ZLauncher.prc + ZLT_AquawoodXP_Hi_64K.PRC (5.42)
    ZReaderLite.PRC

Not Stable:
    areacode.PRC (2.0.10)
    BigClock.PRC (2.83)
    BlueFang.PRC (1.6)
    Crash.PRC (2.25)
    datemate.PRC (2005)
    FontBucket.PRC (1.46)
    mVoice.PRC (5.0.1)
    MunduIM3.PRC (3.0.6-Build 10202)
    PowerUp.PRC (2.4 unregistered)
    RLock.PRC (1.21)
    TreoSelectText.PRC (4.1)
    WebViewer.PRC (4.0)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    While one of the previous posters reported no problems with PalmaryClock 3.02,

there is a a problem with
    PalmaryClock Wireless edition for Treo, v.1.1.1

The Palm always resets when I try to capture a video with the inbuilt video recorder app. No other issues were noticed.
    To add my two cents here are the apps I have in ROM

- Agendus Premiere v11.04
    - Agendus Mail v5.23
    - BackupMan v2.1
    - Cleanup v3.44
    - Directory Assistant v3.26
    - Docs to Go v9
    - Handzipper Lite
    - Minitones v0.1
    - SC-123PU v1.9 (Scientific Calculator that I used to repalce the standard calc)
    - Skinner for Treo650 v3.4 (with one skin and one splash screen set in ROM)
    - Start.prc (for TomTom Navigator)
    - SplashPhoto v4.4
    - SplashShopper v2.62
    - TreoAlarm v1.16
    - UDMH
    - Uninstall Manager v2.79
    - YourCall v1.01
    - ZLauncher v5.41 (with one skin)
    - Also added FAT32.prc so that I can run a 4GIG card

I had to use an 8.4MB ROM partition for this ROM. I had a 7.1MB partition before I added Agendus. There is approximately 300K wasted space in my ROM.

I tried to put mVoice in ROM, but it would cause a reset whenever I tried to record anything, so I moved it to RAM. VolumeCare also would not work for me in ROM causing a reset loop. I also tried to put Chatopus in ROM, but it did not show up after the ROM was uploaded.
    Last edited by larryo108; 12/31/2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Anyone can assist me regarding installing of 3rd Party softwares in the ROM?? I have successfully takes out irrelevant softwares and free up some space. I have put in some softwares but when I hard reset, I did not see the software at all.

Do I need to change the file extension or something like tat to make it working??

Do I need to add in the application 1 by 1?? Pls help.....
    I have had same experience with a different app not showing up.

This fix was to take the space out of the name...
    Make sure there are no spaces in the files you put into ROM.. They will work in RAM with spaces.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    YAHM 2.5.113 does not work from ROM

In addition to the above, I also have TimeCopy 1.4 in ROM (time synchronisation).
    Working for me:
    AlwaysOn v1.2
    KeyCaps600
    LEDOff v0.2.3
    MemInfo (from the palm SDK)
    MissedCall v1.3
    mReset
    RadioControl
    MathLib

I tried out a PRC file which was supposed to put the "shortcuts" option back in the "preferences" app. It worked from RAM, no-go from ROM.
    You need 2 PRCs to get the shortcuts working from ROM.
    Perhaps you missed the overlay file (the one that ends in enUS)? It works okay in my rom.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    If you have those two files, could you attach them here?
    You can find them in the first post here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hortcut+symbol
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I have Handy Shopper 2.9c...it works. But I lost the memos app that came on the Treo Same problem, it's in the file and it shows up in the ROM, but when I click it it says the file is gone.
    I'll try those shortcut files out later tonight.

Has any one tried the program "TreoMax098b2.prc" (it's being discussed in another thread here)? It seems to cover what radiocontrol and always on do, plus a few other things.
    I just tried those 3 files for the shortcuts function. They all work. Also, the other program I mentioned "treomax" works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Cow View Post

Not Stable:
    areacode.PRC (2.0.10)
    BigClock.PRC (2.83)
    BlueFang.PRC (1.6)
    Crash.PRC (2.25)
    datemate.PRC (2005)
    FontBucket.PRC (1.46)
    mVoice.PRC (5.0.1)
    MunduIM3.PRC (3.0.6-Build 10202)
    PowerUp.PRC (2.4 unregistered)
    RLock.PRC (1.21)
    TreoSelectText.PRC (4.1)
    WebViewer.PRC (4.0)

I have crash (2.26 and earlier versions) working fine in my verizon rom.
    Treo 650 Verizon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast