1.    #1  
    I'm curious. Why does the orange LED blaze just about every five minutes or so? Seems to really drain my battery, though my PDA isn't doing anything.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Interesting. There's nothing in the Treo700p users guide about an orange or amber LED condition.
    Per the Palm Knowledge Base article on the Treo650 this means:
    • Solid amber
      Active application is on in the background, but the screen is off. Remember, background applications draw some power; if left unattended, any process can run down your battery.

Verizon Wireless note: Solid amber indicates you are on an active data call, whether the screen is on or off.
    • Blinking amber once per second
      Wireless mode is on, but you're not in a mobile coverage area.
    • Single amber flash
      Indicates a number of temporary conditions, such as detaching from data network or detaching from mobile network.
  3.    #3  
    I think when the orange/amber light glows, there's some transfer of data, but why? I'm not doing anything and I'd like to turn whatever this process is, off. I live in the mountains where a connection can be difficult, but short of turning the phone off (which works, obviously) is there a way to stop the phone from seeking a data connection when one's not needed?

I should note that when the orange goes on, the green arrows on the screen are also active, which doesn't make sense, if I'm not browsing or something.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3