1.    #1  
    Hey I thought you all might be interested in checking out Rip Mobile if you want to get rid of an old Treo. They give you gift certificates for all kinds of stuff... I got $100 in starbucks cards for some old 600's and 650's I had sitting around. I found out aftwards that they teamed up with Handango and you can get free software by going through their site.

Handango's rip mobile site >
    Or you could get $150 bucks cash from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Or you could get $150 bucks cash from Palm.
    I second that
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hmmmmmm... they're offering $5 for a Palm Vx with dock. I think I'll keep it.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    Is that $150 offer still good and did you guys take them up on that offer?

EDIT: $61 for my 650? That is so weak.
    I got my confirmation from Palm, they received it , i got confirmation, that the check would be sent in 3 to 4 weeks.$150 its not great but not too bad either.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Got a link to having Palm Buyback? I got a couple 600's I wouldn't mind getting money for! Don't think it would be worth going through Ebay for it.
    or you could sell it on ebay mine fethced $375 just a month ago.
    Treoing & Loving it
  9.    #9  
    Correct me if I am wrong but the only program I am aware of at Palm can be found at http://web.palm.com/promos/trade_in.jhtml#

Their program may be helpful if you are upgrading to a new Treo or something... but from what I understand you have to buy a new Treo within 30 days and then they send you a check for your old phone once they have inspected it and determined if your phone is actually in the condition you say it is. The quotes I got were $42 for a Treo 600 in "Good" condition and up to $145 for a Treo 650 in "Excellent" condition... personally I wasn't looking to buy a new Treo at the moment and didn't want to hassle with eBay so it seemed like the best way to get something back for those devices without any strings attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzle
    Hey I thought you all might be interested in checking out Rip Mobile if you want to get rid of an old Treo. They give you gift certificates for all kinds of stuff... I got $100 in starbucks cards for some old 600's and 650's I had sitting around. I found out aftwards that they teamed up with Handango and you can get free software by going through their site.
    They're worth more than that; I got $225 from an eBay auction...
  11.    #11  
    I actually ran the numbers on costs and my time awhile back and found the results kind of interesting

If you already have an active eBay and Paypal account setup (which not everyone does)

Take photos and post an ad
    > 1/2 hour if you're fast and use one of their templates
    > 1 hour if you actually take photos, write an ad, and are familiar with the posting process

Email back and forth
    > 1/2 hour if the buyer isn't a pain
    > 1 hour if they are a pain

Shipping and handling
    > 1/2 hour if you live at the post office
    > 1 hour if you actually have to drive there, stand in line, and pay for postage on the package you handwrapped

So say your Treo 600 sells for $225
    eBay takes $4.91 + 3% = $213.49
    Paypal takes 2.9% + 30 cents = $207

You just paid yourself:
    if you get everything done in 1.5 hours (not likely) = $138/hour
    if it takes you 3 hours (more likely) = $69/hour
    say it takes you 4 hours (most likely) = $51.75/hour

Not bad...

But then again say RipMobile gives you $49 for that same Treo 600 and it takes you a half hour to submit the phone, print the free packing slip, put it in a box and drop it off at the post office.... you just made $49 in a half hour

Say you sell them a Treo 650... you just made $69 in a half hour

Or even better say you sell them a 600 and a 650 > you just made $118 in a half hour or what amounts to $236/hour...30 mins of which you spend doing whatever you would like to do cause you just made more than all of your friends...

I don't know about you, but after running the numbers it kinda seemed like a no brainer to me... you do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzle
    ITake photos and post an ad
    > 1/2 hour if you're fast and use one of their templates
    > 1 hour if you actually take photos, write an ad, and are familiar with the posting process
    It took me about 20 minutes to create and post my ad; eBay has stock photos of the 650, which is what I used, and posting was quick.

Driving to the post office is something I do anyway, so I don't count that as a negative; I have tons of boxes from other purchases, so I didn't pay for packaging.

I can't imagine anyone not taking advantage of the tons of people looking for deals on eBay; It was simple to sell there and I almost broke even on my purchase of the 700p.

Your eBay costs are incredibly bloated; after the ebay posting fee and PayPal fee, I still easily cleared $200, for about 20 minutes' work. Why would I want to sell it for $49??
    jpizzle sure sounds like a shill. Just joined and already has three spams about some scam website that gives you nothing for a Treo 650 when Palm will give you $150 and Ebay will give you closer to $250.
    Or, if your 650 is malfunctioning, like mine, you could use your old unit as a battery charger, instead of buying a USB battery charger.